• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte Pipe and Foundry asks to rezone property

Tbe

One step closer....

The manufacturer is asking the city of Charlotte to rezone its 55-acre site to an “uptown mixed-use district.”

That zoning would allow for a range of uses, including retail, hotels, restaurants and stadiums. The site is one of the largest pieces of land available for development in and around uptown Charlotte.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • The D 2

11 minutes ago, TSLA said:

I like where it’s at right now. We don’t need a new stadium. Building a stadium won’t help Teddy Bridgwater become Cam Newton 2015.

This location is directly across the street from the current stadium.

Pipe and Foundry is already committed to moving from that site. 

They’re just getting things ready to sell to Tep.

• The D 1

5 minutes ago, TSLA said:

Will it be a stadium near me with Teddy Bridgwater playing QB or with a young true franchise QB? That’s the real question. I like your username. Pretty awesome.

You will have to tune in next season to find out.  Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine!

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

The families who own that land have a lot of snouts in the trough. 

Highest and best use of that land is to retain it, develop it, and collect the MASSIVE income stream it produces for the next 50+ years...feeds a lot of snouts.

Put another way, discounting those cash-flows back to a present-value would yield a number so large that even Tepper would balk.

If the families had any intent to flip the property to Tepper they'd have done so straight-away and let him deal with any zoning issues, etc...

...and if a new stadium is ever built within the Charlotte city limits it will probably be within the footprint of the existing facility.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I hate to tell you this but it's not up to us where it's built but make no mistake one is coming.  But will it be at a site near you?  Stay tuned for more after this commercial.

Dont know if y'all know anything about land or acreage, but 55 acres is about the size of a Food Lion and parking lot. A big Food Lion, but still, a small office park.

• Poo 1