• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

On Matt Stafford and the Carolina Panthers

Zod

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really wish just drafting a QB was a safe solution. There are more hits than misses and at #8 we're probably looking at best at the 3rd QB off the board and quite possibly the 4th. We'll need considerable luck for it to fall our way.

and there's nothing anybody can do to change that

Anyways, I really like this guy here

You can build a championship team around him. QB Coach connection, can flip Teddy to cover a significant part of the cap hit, Lions can take in Teddy and still save a little cap space, Teddy has the Saints connection with the new head coach.

We likely wouldn't lose our first in the trade either (maybe not even our 2nd) so much easier to build a contending roster.

Stafford would be here on a 2 yr, 43 mil contract similar to what's left on Teddy's contract meaning he doesn't prevent you from drafting a successor.

Edited by Untouchable
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1

there is no team better suited than us to control the balance of power in the nfc for the long term going forward, save perhaps San Fran

chase that, not a couple good seasons with somebody else's hand me down

Edited by Growl

The definition of empty stats QB

Stafford is the type of QB that plays terrible against a playoff caliber team, then the following week against a bottom of the barrel team goes for for 350 yards and 4 TD. And how often does a QB switching teams in their 30s actually ends up working out? very rare 

Just now, 4Corners said:

I don’t really believe he is an upgrade over ShitTheBedTed 

When he played just 8 games last year he had more touchdowns thrown than Teddy has ever had in a single season. He’s had 10 straight years with more TDs than Teddys career high. Of coarse he’s better. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Draft a QB if he sucks draft another the next year. 

I don't like spamming picks like the Lions did at WR for years before finally landing Megatron. This is a strong class. There's a very good chance that there will be a very good QB not named Trevor Lawrence come out of this class. Do our homework and figure out who that is and go get him if we're not going to make a move on Watson or Stafford. That's my take. I just don't like our chances of things falling our way if we sit tight at #8 but we'll see.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't like spamming picks like the Lions did at WR for years before finally landing Megatron. This is a strong class. There's a very good chance that there will be a very good QB not naked Trevor Lawrence come out of this class. Do our homework and figure out who that is and go get him if we're not going to make a move on Watson or Stafford. That's my take. I just don't like our chances of things falling our way if we sit tight at #8 but we'll see.

Remember Cleveland spamming QB picks for a long time? That worked well for so many years.....

First and second choice would be Watson or drafting a QB in the top ten, but outside of that Stafford would be a solid option that could make this team a playoff contender right away.  I think with Joe Brady calling plays and the skill players on the roster, Stafford could take this team to the next level.

• Pie 1