• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Offer - Last Chance

Reebis21

1 minute ago, t96 said:

I also have a Jason Avant jersey... Shortest tenured Panther's jersey I have for sure. But at least this one made some sense as I got it for $10 after he was released. I always liked him as a player and thought it was cool to have him on the Panthers, as brief and unproductive as it was.

Yeah. My big regret was giving away my OG Peppers jersey when he engineered his way out of Carolina. Boy that was a huge mistake.

I really need to address my jerseys. I no longer have the jersey of an active player. Multiple jerseys each of Peppers, Delhomme, Smitty, and Cam. Would like to go back and add TD and Olsen. Will buy a Moore once he signs his second contract. And Tepper, if you're reading this... if you trade for Watson or draft a QB in the 1st, I will IMMEDIATELY buy not one but TWO jerseys!!! Big money! Putting my wallet where my mouth is! LOL!

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I still think dude would've been a stud had that ACL not happened. By all reports he was the best looking player on the field that training camp, including that the joint practices. Ultimately with the seemingly obvious work ethic issues I don't think his success would've lasted, but I could definitely envision a David Boston type brief greatness from him.

Completely agree. He clearly didn't have the mental toughness and discipline to handle adversity and after the ACL tear it just kept compounding for him from there, with his mom passing, the team sucking compared to the 1 year without him, etc. I feel bad for the guy, but the NFL is a cold hard business and you gotta be able to handle that type of stuff and work through it if you wanna stick in this league. But yeah, 2015 would've been an absurdly good year for him if he stayed healthy I think. He was definitely dominating camp.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really need to address my jerseys. I no longer have the jersey of an active player. Multiple jerseys each of Peppers, Delhomme, Smitty, and Cam. Would like to go back and add TD and Olsen. Will buy a Moore once he signs his second contract. And Tepper, if you're reading this... if you trade for Watson or draft a QB in the 1st, I will IMMEDIATELY buy not one but TWO jerseys!!! Big money! Putting my wallet where my mouth is! LOL!

Yep the recent exodus has made many of my jerseys obsolete. Only active Panther I have is McCaffrey. Once Burns is extended I'm buying his for sure, and like you I'd probably lap up a QB jersey asap whether it's Watson or a rookie or even Stafford. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Reebis21 said:

While we have no idea if or when the Texans or Lions trade Watson and Stafford, let’s pretend their front offices reached out and asked for our best offer as they want to make a deal now before the draft. No ability for back and forth negotiating or counter offers. So you can’t low ball and later meet in the middle. 

So what is your final offer?

Watson - ‘21 1st, ‘22 1st, DJ Moore, Teddy

I realize a lot of people will quickly say “why would u trade away your best WR if you are trading for a Qb”. This draft has some good WRs and I think we’d still be able to resign Samuel. At the end of the day, everybody is saying CMC, but due to his contract and position, I could see them preferring DJ.

Stafford - ‘21 2nd, ‘22 2nd, Teddy

best offer?  well, I'd prefer to my offer be 21 1st, 22 1st, and CMC.   

But yeah, the Texans already traded away one of the best WRs in the game for a RB.  And were laughed at for such a horrific move. 

So, while I think MOST Watson loves are okay with the 1st, 1st, CMC offer.....I think the best offer actually would be the following:

1st, 1st, Burns or Brown.    Would the folks okay w/ 1st, 1st, CMC be okay with that? Not sure.   Not sure I would.  I think CMC is really the end of where I will go. 

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Watson - #8, '21 1st rounder, and CMC. I say CMC because I think the Texans would highly value some star power in return for Watson. Their fanbase is gonna be PISSED. They'd need a new face of the franchise and CMC would give them that. A DJ Moore or Brian Burns wouldn't bring that same star power.

Let's think about what the Texans do with those picks. With that draft capital, they should come out of this draft with a franchise QB, at the very least. I don't care who it is, they are going to have ups and downs the first year. It sure would be nice to have a RB the caliber of CMC to ease into the position. CMC bolsters the running game and gives a young QB a nice outlet/check-down when blitzed. 

The Texans may ask for a little more, but to them, CMC would be valuable. Additionally, while CMC is a big cap hit for the Panthers, he's much less a hit to the Texans who don't have to count his signing bonus against their cap.

1 hour ago, Raleigh PF said:

Let's think about what the Texans do with those picks. With that draft capital, they should come out of this draft with a franchise QB, at the very least. I don't care who it is, they are going to have ups and downs the first year. It sure would be nice to have a RB the caliber of CMC to ease into the position. CMC bolsters the running game and gives a young QB a nice outlet/check-down when blitzed. 

The Texans may ask for a little more, but to them, CMC would be valuable. Additionally, while CMC is a big cap hit for the Panthers, he's much less a hit to the Texans who don't have to count his signing bonus against their cap.

The problem with us is we don't guarantee them a QB.  They might only like 2 QBs in he draft so 8 they aren't guaranteed to get a replacement for Watson.

If the Dolphins or Jets are interested they can easily make better offers than us because of having the 2nd and 3rd pick this year.  Whether or not Watson wants to go there, that's a different story but all things equal that #2 pick by itself is probably more valuable than our next three 1st round picks. 

Jets 2021 1st + 2022 1st > Miami's 2021 1st + 2022 1st  >>>>> Panthers 2021 1st + 2022 1st + 2023 1st or CMC

Unless we want to include several of our young players its going to be hard for us to compete with either of those teams on draft picks alone.  Also I think some might be overvaluing CMC, not every GM is a fan of a RB on a bad contract.  Burns, Brown, and Moore also might be more enticing to some GMS, even Chinn might be valued as much.  Their cap space isn't the best, good players on rookie deals would be more enticing.

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think you should add a Bridgewater to your collection...you know to bridge the gap you have......

I apologize in advance.

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Also I think some might be overvaluing CMC, not every GM is a fan of a RB on a bad contract.  Burns, Brown, and Moore also might be more enticing to some GMS, even Chinn might be valued as much.  Their cap space isn't the best, good players on rookie deals would be more enticing.

Couldn’t agree more

Jonathan Jones is now saying that besides the picks, it would likely cost us McCaffrey and Brian Burns.

The Panthers would have to unload Teddy Bridgewater and his contract if they wanted Watson, though it seems unlikely the Texans would want to take that on considering the way he played in 2020.

That'd mean the Panthers would have to trade something of substantial value with a quarterback to give and with the least desirable first-round spot among the group. Panthers owner David Tepper would have to part with Christian McCaffrey, the face of the franchise, and likely more. Defensive end Brian Burns, entering his third season in the league, would also likely be requested in order to get such a deal done.

NFL Insider Notes

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jonathan Jones is now saying that besides the picks, it would likely cost us McCaffrey and Brian Burns.

The Panthers would have to unload Teddy Bridgewater and his contract if they wanted Watson, though it seems unlikely the Texans would want to take that on considering the way he played in 2020.

That'd mean the Panthers would have to trade something of substantial value with a quarterback to give and with the least desirable first-round spot among the group. Panthers owner David Tepper would have to part with Christian McCaffrey, the face of the franchise, and likely more. Defensive end Brian Burns, entering his third season in the league, would also likely be requested in order to get such a deal done.

NFL Insider Notes

I've been saying it for awhile, people need to use common sense here.  At the very least you would have to assume at least one or both of the Dolphins or Jets would be willing to give up 3 first.  That should be everyone starting point for trying to come up with a better offer.  The Jets 1st round pick by itself is equal to our next 3 1st round picks, so we would have to offer two players to cancel out the Jets next two 1st they are offering.

Jets have 5 1st round picks the next three years (two this year), the dolphins have 4 over the next 3 (two this year), they also have Tua that could probably trade for a late 1st.

Both teams could easily offer 3 first round picks and still have some left, too me, it would be an easy decision for them to make.  I have to believe that offer will be on the table so as a Panther fan I need to come up with a better offer.