• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as HC

top dawg

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2926699-nick-sirianni-reportedly-hired-as-eagles-new-hc-after-stint-as-colts-oc

Looks like Joe Brady ain't going anywhere this year. Maybe next year...

I don't believe there are any spots left open except the Texans. 

Maybe we can include him in our trade package...(◠‿◕)

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

If I were them, especially Bienemy, I wouldn't touch that job with a 10 foot pole! 

I probably wouldn't either, but how often do you get an opportunity to be an NFL head coach?

Watson wants him and Mahomes recommended him, so I definitely understand if the Texans hire him.

What I guess they have to hope at this point is that Nick Caserio can turn things around. And I'm pretty sure Caserio didn't want his first newsworthy action as GM to be losing DeShaun Watson.

• Beer 1

31 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If I were them, especially Bienemy, I wouldn't touch that job with a 10 foot pole! 

He’s got all the leverage though.

They need him to make DW happy.

He could command a Rhule type contract easily.

Edited by Tbe

41 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Sirianni hire makes it VERY unlikely they go QB in the first.  They clearly want someone to fix Carson.  I can't blame them, they are already in a terrible cap spot and Carson's contract is an albatross.

They made it clear to every candidate they interviewed that the plan was to stick with Carson Wentz.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty much.

I normally wouldn't be in favor of something like that, but given that they stupidly promised him to be part of the process and then didn't follow through with it, they need to do something.

They don't NEED to, but they clearly are.

You'd get a king's ransom for Watson. You'd have to blow up the team and start again, but Watt is coming to the end of his contract anyway so why not?

Especially as a new GM. 

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

They don't NEED to, but they clearly are.

You'd get a king's ransom for Watson. You'd have to blow up the team and start again, but Watt is coming to the end of his contract anyway so why not?

Especially as a new GM. 

There might be other options if they had an owner that had any sense.

Of course, if they had an owner that had any sense, they probably wouldn't be where they are now.