• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers believe they've found the right fit

41 minutes ago, TSLA said:

Seattle is in the playoff every year because they have one of the best Quarterbacks in the NFL and a top 5-10 head coach. Just imagine if they were hitting on their draft picks of recent. How much better they would be. They haven’t had a good draft since 2012. They did managed to get Clark and Lockett in 2015. People are going to point to DK Metcalf but the dude was taken with the last pick in the 2nd round after two other scrubs. Seattle sucks so bad at drafting that each year they keep having to trade picks for veteran players like Clowney and Adams. 

Of course they would be better if they hit their draft picks. But building a team is about more than just hitting picks. It's about fielding and entire roster. Wilson cant do it all by himself just like Cam couldnt. My biggest complaint about Hurney was his inability to field a whole team. 

Theres no telling how much say Fitts had in the players drafted, just he did the evaluations. What it all means we will find out. But if the worst we get is consistent winning seasons and a shot at a Lombardi, then I guess I'll just have to deal with it. 

53 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Quick video intro...

...followed by a seven to eight minute interview with Kristen Balboni.

At no point during the interview does Fitterer reference biting anyone's kneecaps.

I found it interesting that he had never met Rhule before the initial interview. I thought that would play a bigger part in the search.

Edited by trueblade
7 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I found it interesting that he had never met Rhule before the initial interview. I thought that would play a bigger part in the search.

Rhule and Fitterer share an agent, for what that's worth.

But yeah, it was expected to. Pretty much every analyst and reporter thought so. That's why so many of them were predicting it was going to be Adam Peters.

But Rhule and Tepper couldn't come to an agreement.

Peters did make it into the final four, and all of the final four were from the scouting side (no analytics guys) so I guess it came down to somebody that Rhule and Tepper were both sold on.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

All I can say is I hope they believe they've found the right fit.

"As soon as we got together you could cut the tension with a knife.  Sniping, blaming, insults started being thrown almost immediately.  A few f-bombs.  When he started talking about missed opportunities and my family lineage, I knew we had the right guy."

I'd probably get a lot less of a warm, fuzzy over that. 

lol

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

This to me is a key paragraph...

"We're going to get after it," Fitterer said. "The wins are going to come. It's not going to be a quick fix, that we're looking for a quick spike. We're going to do this the right way, so we can sustain it, and build it over a period of time, and have a championship-caliber team.

"We're looking to compete right now, and we're going to build from there."

Better find a QB...

1 hour ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I'm just jaded at this point. I hope he does well but I'm not going to get excited or anything. Rivera and Gettleman's conferences showed us that they can say they believe in something and want to do it, then pretty much do the exact opposite.

Same, I don’t take much stock into the conferences at this point.  Ron came out and said he wanted to be aggressive and force his will, then we saw what happened over the years.  But I do like watching them because I’m an addict 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Quick video intro...

...followed by a seven to eight minute interview with Kristen Balboni.

At no point during the interview does Fitterer reference biting anyone's kneecaps.

Nice interview...very likeable guy. 

OK, the truth...am falling in love.

• Pie 1
2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I don't care if we've done as poorly as Seattle in the draft if we're making it to the playoffs every year.

Yep drafting 25 to 32 every year, it seems to me, would be less of a sure thing than top 10

• Pie 2