• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper reflects on long-term lessons of "exhaustive" GM search

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ummm...no.

And seriously dude, do you dream about this stuff in your sleep?

Uh...yes. 

It's exactly what he's saying, right there in black and white, can't be ignored.

Yes, I do occasionally dream about work, spend 50+ hrs/wk on an activity it's gonna turn up in your dreams.

Given your 40+ hrs/wk of activity you probably dream often  about cutting and pasting on the huddle.  It's ok.

6 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Uh...yes. 

It's exactly what he's saying, right there in black and white, can't be ignored.

Yes, I do occasionally dream about work, spend 50+ hrs/wk on an activity it's gonna turn up in your dreams.

Given your 40+ hrs/wk of activity you probably dream often  about cutting and pasting on the huddle.  It's ok.

Well for as much time as you spend, it's not helping you in your predictions. Pretty much everything you expected has been wrong.

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well for as much time as you spend, it's not helping you in your predictions. Pretty much everything you expected has been wrong.

So says Mr. Cut & Paste who has never once gone on the advance-record about anything!  

Slow day today...only 106 posts...what gives?

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

So says Mr. Cut & Paste who has never once gone on the advance-record about anything!  

Slow day today...only 106 posts...what gives?

We got confirmation today that they're not following the Appaloosa Model you keep talking about dude, so you're gonna need to find a new obsession.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We got confirmation today that they're not following the Appaloosa Model you keep talking about dude, so you're gonna need to find a new obsession.

You are clueless about the business of business and wouldn't recognize a model of any kind, Appaloosa or otherwise...

Hey, question for you, who does Fritterer report to?

9 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You are clueless about the business of business and wouldn't recognize a model of any kind, Appaloosa or otherwise...

Hey, question for you, who does Fritterer report to?

Fitterer controls the personnel department, but doesn't have roster control. Final say on the roster belongs to Matt Rhule.

As for Tepper, he's stated that he doesn't plan to interfere in their work, so your suggestion that Tepper will act as the GM was also wrong.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Fitterer controls the personnel department, but doesn't have roster control. Final say on the roster belongs to Matt Rhule.

As for Tepper, he's stated that he doesn't plan to interfere in their work, so your suggestion that Tepper will act as the GM was also wrong.

Who does Fritterer report to?

Nobody said Tepper is going to be micromanaging them daily...

...but Tepper unequivocally stated he would be providing input on were a situation arise where the collaborative process result end in a stalemate, he will cast the deciding vote

28 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Nobody said Tepper is going to be micromanaging them daily...

...but Tepper unequivocally stated he would be providing input on were a situation arise where the collaborative process result end in a stalemate, he will cast the deciding vote

Well, there was this one guy who said that Tepper would be doing his GM duties and that we wouldn't hire a traditional GM.

But that guy's never right about anything.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, there was this one guy who said that Tepper would be doing his GM duties and that we wouldn't hire a traditional GM.

But that guy's never right about anything.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:50 AM, Jon Snow said:

Personally I had no problem with how he went about getting to know how his team was being operated before he put his stamp on it.  I actually was hoping that would be how he approached it.  The only thing that left me scratching my head in disbelief was keeping Marty after the purge.  I lost a lot of faith in Tepper that day.

If Im not wrong, he finalize buying the panthers about one month before the start of training camp. I believe Jerry did that on purpose. No sane owner would buy the team one month before TC and fire the GM and HC, just wouldnt happen. Now you have one year of Herniay( elite professional brown noser) and RR (great off-field person). Cam got injuried and the team still put out effort, thats one hard move to make again. Herniay is a HOF fluffer, much like a male succubus. Tepper fell under his spell and its hard to fire a nice respected head coach too. 

I understand most of it, and I wanted Herniay gone after 2018 and 100% gone with RR in 2019.

Edited by Basbear
1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

To a guy who says he won't take part in any football decisions because he doesn't know as much as his coach and GM 🙂

Edited by Mr. Scot
26 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Fiction. 

Go back and watch the video of Fitterer's introductory press conference and see for yourself.

A little after twenty minutes in to the presser, Scott Fowler asked Tepper what his involvement would be in player decisions. Tepper responded that his role was only about making sure the right processes were in place.

He added specifically, that he'd never be the kind of evaluator that Scott or Matt is, and said "I won't try to be".