• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's your favorite current Panthers player?

Carl Spackler

1 minute ago, Scott12345 said:

CMC....I think we have forgotten just how good this guy is

I think if the question were who is our best player, he'd be the most common answer (and it'd be correct).

Favorite player is a little different though. Each person can have a separate rationale.

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I was implying you'd left him out of your list of lunch-pail guys.

He just didn't pop in my head.

While it may be unpopular maybe a part of me feels like the others never quit on us the organization quit on them often after their bodies failed them.

Luke was a different story. He has all the right in the world to retire but me personally I would trade 15 years off my life to have played 1 snap in the NFL. While I don't logically have an issue with his decision maybe I have an emotional one?

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

He just didn't pop in my head.

While it may be unpopular maybe a part of me feels like the others never quit on us the organization quit on them often after their bodies failed them.

Luke was a different story. He has all the right in the world to retire but me personally I would trade 15 years off my life to have played 1 snap in the NFL. While I don't logically have an issue with his decision maybe I have an emotional one?

Idk. I endorsed the decision from the moment it was announced and it didn't surprise me, either.

What did he have to prove? Pro Football Reference already ranks him ahead of guys like Urlacher as a Hall of Fame linebacker. What was he gonna do, sacrifice his body for two more middling-to-bad seasons for two more All-Pro nods to add to a career already more than enough for the Hall of Fame?