• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’ve never seen Panthers.com poop on a starting QB this much, not even Clausen

thunderraiden

Go to panthers.com right now and every Fitterer article just straight poops on Bridgewater at QB. Hell Darin Gantt spent like 3 interview questions begging Fit for a new QB and you already know what time it is if Matt is throwing shade at a player, well Fitt said word for word what Matt said weeks ago about Teddy needing a “tremendous offseason.”

That tells me they had a discussion about how bad Bridgewater was and the PR dude they have told him the same spin they told Rhule. I just don’t see us not having a new QB in 2021 with all the vitriol from the team friendly website. 

Whether it happens or not, and whether word gets out or not, I think this team will make a run at Watson.

If it doesn't actualize/he stays/goes elsewhere, we're going after a top-3 QB in the draft.

I just think we'll be one of the, if not the hungriest team for a QB this offseason.

Teams like ATL, SF, DET, DEN, etc. may be flirting with the idea, but I think we are really gunning for a guy to run this offense.  It's been quite some time since we've seen good QB and OL play.  They want to change that.

• Pie 6

41 minutes ago, davos said:

Whether it happens or not, and whether word gets out or not, I think this team will make a run at Watson.

If it doesn't actualize/he stays/goes elsewhere, we're going after a top-3 QB in the draft.

I just think we'll be one of the, if not the hungriest team for a QB this offseason.

Teams like ATL, SF, DET, DEN, etc. may be flirting with the idea, but I think we are really gunning for a guy to run this offense.  It's been quite some time since we've seen good QB and OL play.  They want to change that.

I hope you’re right 

4 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

$20 million in dead cap if we cut him loose. He'll be on the team. 2022? He's gone.

Unless we trade him(which may entail us giving up a pick to get rid of him). We could trade him and get a big cap break. He has $10 mil in guaranteed money in 2021 but I am not sure how that guarantee is written. It is possible they can simply jettison him with no penalty, like we could have with Russell Okung last season. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Unless we trade him(which may entail us giving up a pick to get rid of him). We could trade him and get a big cap break. He has $10 mil in guaranteed money in 2021 but I am not sure how that guarantee is written. It is possible they can simply jettison him with no penalty, like we could have with Russell Okung last season. 

Post June 1st trade we don’t owe shut outside of 5mil dead cap this season. 

8 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Go to panthers.com right now and every Fitterer article just straight poops on Bridgewater at QB. Hell Darin Gantt spent like 3 interview questions begging Fit for a new QB and you already know what time it is if Matt is throwing shade at a player, well Fitt said word for word what Matt said weeks ago about Teddy needing a “tremendous offseason.”

That tells me they had a discussion about how bad Bridgewater was and the PR dude they have told him the same spin they told Rhule. I just don’t see us not having a new QB in 2021 with all the vitriol from the team friendly website. 

Good he deserves it. He is terrible. 

Teddy burned a lot of bridges the moment he shifted blame on Coach Rhule and everyone else, instead of himself. The next press conference, you could tell at Rhule went right back at him. The whole organization took notice. That and horrible play down the stretch...he dug his own grave. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They watched what we watched. It was so infuriating because we were considerably better than anyone expected. We competed in virtually every game despite missing our best player for nearly the entire season. The D struggled to get stops at times, but time and time again they got the stops in critical situations and gave the offense and opportunity to win or tie the game and in those biggest moments Teddy came up the smallest. You just can't have that at the QB position. You need a QB who can actually win a game. In today's offense driven game you can't get away with a QB who plays not to lose.

This.

Teddy 2 Yards is literally just the least clutch QB I think I have ever seen in the NFL.  Its pathetic.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

• Pie 1