• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Zach Wilson a Franchise QB?

Ivan The Awesome

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

And he's an inch taller and 5lbs lighter than Desean Watson.  5lbs is nothing. Nobody is complaining about Watson's size.  Wilson can easily put on 10 pounds of muscle as a pro if it was wanted or needed.

Watson has 15-20 pounds of muscle on him easily

wilson is listed at 205.  Watson is 220ish. 

I still am hopefully we get Wilson over any trade. His intangibles are worth the chance. Gives us plenty of money and draft assets to help fix the line and retain the offensive firepower. A trade would mean we have no room for error and have to be extremely smart with every signal football move for a few years to have a solid foundation built to be a contender. I would rather build culture with our own people. TB is ours for up to 2 more years, I’d take that with Wilson developing and a lot more young offensive firepower to accumulate over time.   

It seems that some NFL scouts and some here on the Huddle have concerns about his character, calling him Johnny Manziel without the drug problem. Basically calling him a spoiled rich kid, even so it seems that Steve Young and the 49ers are willing to take a shot at him if he's available around #12 in the draft.               https://www.knbr.com/2020/12/23/nfl-scouts-detail-character-concerns-for-zach-wilson-in-recent-report/

1 minute ago, ncbob said:

It seems that some NFL scouts and some here on the Huddle have concerns about his character, calling him Johnny Manziel without the drug problem. Basically calling him a spoiled rich kid, even so it seems that Steve Young and the 49ers are willing to take a shot at him if he's available around #12 in the draft.               https://www.knbr.com/2020/12/23/nfl-scouts-detail-character-concerns-for-zach-wilson-in-recent-report/

One guy on Walter Football which is a joke. No one else says anything. Some folks want to take a shot at him because he goes to BYU. Someone is going to get a heck of a player.

26 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

One guy on Walter Football which is a joke. No one else says anything. Some folks want to take a shot at him because he goes to BYU. Someone is going to get a heck of a player.

I agree, I think he would be a good pick. Kid's gotta helluva an arm. Steve Young seems to think so as well.

We probably have to trade up with NYJ to get him. I think NY might just take him. It would be a LOT easier if we had the number three overall pick to do this. 

With the Lions now officially in QB mode we are officially on the outside looking in and will have to trade up to get a QB. 

Jax- Lawrence

NYJ- Wilson

ATL- Fields

Det- Lance

In some sort of order. 

BUT HEY WINNING CULTURE

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

We probably have to trade up with NYJ to get him. I think NY might just take him. It would be a LOT easier if we had the number three overall pick to do this. 

With the Lions now officially in QB mode we are officially on the outside looking in and will have to trade up to get a QB. 

Jax- Lawrence

NYJ- Wilson

ATL- Fields

Det- Lance

In some sort of order. 

BUT HEY WINNING CULTURE

Jax Jets and Detroit doing wonders over the years with all those top picks. Draft order champs....

So, let me get this straight. We want a guy with basically one season as starting QB, who had hand and shoulder surgery the season before. In a COVID challenged season he blew away teams from the cupcake carousel divisions until running into the Coastal Carolina powerhouse where he was taken to the woodshed.

You want to bet the farm on this guy and not worry that he was a flash in the pan against lesser competition? I'd pass.

• Poo 1