• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer Press Conference Thread

Zod

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Man, reporters can be such dicks.

Ask a question he's already said he's not gonna answer - "I'm not going to say anything about that".

Phrase the same question a different way - "Again, not going to get into that"

Sheesh 🙄

It's the job. They are trying to get a slip up and get any inkling of info at all.

• Pie 3

Just now, TheRumGone said:

Yeah I don’t blame him. He just had this I wanna get the f out of here and start working vibe. 

No doubt. Would you rather be talking on zoom with a bunch of media folks or talking to your players and going to the senior bowl for evaluations?

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Mannnnn... perhaps it's just my own confirmation bias but shots fired in his answer about what makes a franchise QB. Elevate the team, win games in the 4th quarter...

I didn't see it as an intentional shot at Bridgewater because, per his own admission, he hasn't had a chance to really evaluate the roster yet.

Now once you actually sits down and looks at the tape, then he's probably gonna be saying "oh".

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, Zod said:

No doubt. Would you rather be talking on zoom with a bunch of media folks or talking to your players and going to the senior bowl for evaluations?

Yeah there are differences. Some people are more entertaining. Like think of DG and his catchphrases. This dude is straight business. I like him.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I didn't see it as an intentional shot at Bridgewater because, per his own admission, he hasn't had a chance to really evaluate the roster yet.

Now once you actually sits down and looks at the tape, then he's probably gonna be saying "oh".

Yeah, I don't think a lot of the things the organization is talking about in regards to QB are really intentional shots at Teddy(the Tepper comments, maybe) but it just so happens that all those elite attributes that they talk about defining a franchise caliber QB.....Teddy just doesn't have those.

But, the bulk of us knew that before we signed him, so this isn't earthshattering information. It just looks targeted after the season because Teddy performed so poorly in some of those areas.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't believe that at all. Sure, he hasn't had a chance to go full-on into things but there is a near-zero chance he didn't evaluate the team, the core players, and recent overall team performance as part of his own decision-making process. Given that Tepper is still a relatively new owner I'd be scrutinizing that stuff even more.

If he truly didn't do those things then that's a red flag in and of itself IMO.

Edited by KSpan
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

weather he has watched tape or not he is aware of the perceived shortcomings of Teddy.

These guys are aware of what is going on around the league even if he isn't I'm sure comments have been made by Tepper and/or Rhule.

Its ludicrous to think during the interview process they never talked about Teddy.  I'm sure he already has some opinion of Teddy.

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

I don't believe that at all. Sure, he hasn't had a chance to go full-on into things but there is a near-zero chance he didn't evaluate the team, the core players, and recent overall team performance as part of his own decision-making process. Given that Tepper is still a relatively new owner I'd be scrutinizing that stuff even more.

If he truly didn't do those things then that's a red flag in and of itself IMO.

I believe him, and I don't see it as a red flag at all, honestly.