• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer Press Conference Thread

Zod

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I don't think a lot of the things the organization is talking about in regards to QB are really intentional shots at Teddy(the Tepper comments, maybe) but it just so happens that all those elite attributes that they talk about defining a franchise caliber QB.....Teddy just doesn't have those.

But, the bulk of us knew that before we signed him, so this isn't earthshattering information. It just looks targeted after the season because Teddy performed so poorly in some of those areas.

No he had a shot at Teddy. When asked if he had met or spoken woth some of the core players like CMC or TB.  He mentioned he was going to speak eith CMC but intentionally didnt mention anything of TB.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I believe him, and I don't see it as a red flag at all, honestly.

So a professional like him decides to make a move up the ladder into his first NFL GM role and doesn't put the time in to do his due diligence? Interviewing 101 is to understand the specific challenges facing the role at the place you're interviewing and have somewhat specific plans on how you'll address them if/when the conversation turns that way. I know how I prepare for a job interview and this type of role is on another plane so yeah, I disagree with you there. Dude knows what's up even if it's just top-level understanding.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 4

Just now, TheMaulClaw said:

No he had a shot at Teddy. When asked if he had met or spoken woth some of the core players like CMC or TB.  He mentioned he was going to speak eith CMC but intentionally didnt mention anything of TB.

You are surmising intent when it isn't known. If I was to do similar, I could say only Chinn was worthy of contacting and that isn't what he said at all. 

Don't read the tea leaves too much. They just make tea.

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

weather he has watched tape or not he is aware of the perceived shortcomings of Teddy.

These guys are aware of what is going on around the league even if he isn't I'm sure comments have been made by Tepper and/or Rhule.

Its ludicrous to think during the interview process they never talked about Teddy.  I'm sure he already has some opinion of Teddy.

Yeah, he would have scouted him coming into the NFL and would have had some knowledge of him as a multiple time free agent in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, KSpan said:

So a professional like him decides to make a move up the ladder into his first NFL GM role and doesn't put the time in to do his due diligence? Interviewing 101 is to understand the specific challenges facing the role at the place you're interviewing and have somewhat specific plans on how you'll address them if/when the conversation turns that way. I know how I prepare for a job interview and this type of role is on another plane so yeah, I disagree with you there. Dude knows what's up even if it's just top-level understanding.

Per his own story, he was interviewing about 12 hours after he found out he was up for the job.

Given that three days later he was named GM, I'm not really gonna doubt his prep and interview skills.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep.

How about Watson or Wilson + CMC + Burns + $100m in cap to spend over the next 5 years to add more players to help Wilson? (Basically you would use the three 1st to get Wilson instead of using them to trade up for Watson)

I'm not saying there is a right or wrong answer, just when you start looking at opportunity cost the decisions get a little more difficult.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Per his own story, he was interviewing about 12 hours after he found out he was up for the job.

Given that three days later he was named GM, I'm not really gonna doubt his prep and interview skills.

How does that refute anything I'm saying? I would bet big money that those 12 hours were as full of detailed prep as physically possible. He does not get the job without understanding as much about organizational specifics as situationally possible, period. Will be very interesting to see how things shake out this offseason.

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

How about Watson or Wilson + CMC + Burns + $100m in cap to spend over the next 5 years to add more players to help Wilson? (Basically you would use the three 1st to get Wilson instead of using them to trade up for Watson)

I'm not saying there is a right or wrong answer, just when you start looking at opportunity cost the decisions get a little more difficult.

I love Wilson as a prospect, but I'd take the sure thing. Watson is a proven MVP caliber NFL QB. Wilson is a very promising prospect. Plenty of those very promising prospects don't work out.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I love Wilson as a prospect, but I'd take the sure thing. Watson is a proven MVP caliber NFL QB. Wilson is a very promising prospect. Plenty of those very promising prospects don't work out.

Thats a valid answer, the team just has to decide what their cutoff is.

three 1st round picks, I do it in a heartbeat

three 1st round picks + CMC, still do it

three 1st round picks + Burns + CMC you are starting to reach the point I might not

I understand that Watson is a sure thing, but the goal is to field the best team.  He might be a sure thing but if you give up too much its not a sure thing that you have a good team.

At what point would you say no?

three 1st + CMC + Burns + Brown?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep.

Burns is easily the most valuable player on this team and will remain the 2nd most important outside of a QB, at one of the most important positions. I wouldn't do multiple 1sts, Burns and McC, that's just too much. Burns + 8 overall and maybe a mid rounder, yes. But not a whole lot more than that if Burns is involved.

• Pie 3