• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer Press Conference Thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

LOL, that's just as absurd as the people throwing out proposals of 2 first rounders and Teddy

I'll trade the 8 and CMC...anything further, outside of a day 3 pick, and I'm looking elsewhere.

Remember DW ain't on a rookie deal any longer.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, t96 said:

what was the context?

The context was about how some people criticized him for making too many changes too quickly as an owner and that others criticized him for not doing enough like "getting rid of Rivera" sooner.  

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, t96 said:

I'm at work, planning to watch it later for sure but a brief synopsis in the meantime would be nice...

Scott Fowler asked him a question about having "his guys" in charge now.

Tepper mentioned that he got some criticism for his moves early on citing that some people "said I got rid of Rivera too early...moved on from Rivera too early".

He did acknowledge that the team is now run by people he chose rather than people he inherited. As such, there's no one else to blame if things go wrong.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

42 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You are surmising intent when it isn't known. If I was to do similar, I could say only Chinn was worthy of contacting and that isn't what he said at all. 

Don't read the tea leaves too much. They just make tea.

That's not what I'm doing.  He was asked if he spoke with any players and he said Chinn had contacted him.  He wasn't explicitly asked about Chinn the way he was asked specifically about CMC and TB. Then he mentions CMC and then omits TB from that, insinuating that TB isn't a team leader or core player (which he isn't).

That combined with "It's starts with a quarterback" and also "A QB needs to be able to win the game when the game is on the line in the 4th quarter."  Serves as more then enough evidence to make what I said more then tea leaves.

Combine that with Tepper's statements and I think you're just refusing to hear the truth.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

That's not what I'm doing.  He was asked if he spoke with any players and he said Chinn had contacted him.  He wasn't explicitly asked about Chinn the way he was asked specifically about CMC and TB. Then he mentions CMC and then omits TB from that, insinuating that TB isn't a team leader or core player (which he isn't).

That combined with "It's starts with a quarterback" and also "A QB needs to be able to win the game when the game is on the line in the 4th quarter."  Serves as more then enough evidence to make what I said more then tea leaves.

Combine that with Tepper's statements and I think you're just refusing to hear the truth.

Yeah but he didn't mention Brian Burns. Does that mean he is going to get traded? How about Shaq Thompson? DJ Moore?

Like I said, don't read into it too much. It could be something but it could just as easily be nothing. The things that made me think we are moving on is precisely what you are talking about with the elite QB attributes. I don't know if those were directed at Teddy intentionally but I do know that he doesn't have those qualities.