• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer Press Conference Thread

Zod

We may be taking a hard look at Mac Jones, but while we are we also need to be taking a LONG look at the potential OL we have protecting Jones.  Mac Jones as an NFL QB will require a stout OL that will give him time to throw the ball....he isn't going to be a dynamic QB creating outside the pocket.

44 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You are making this about Teddy, which is because you don't like the guy. That's projecting. 

Fitterer is also saying what every single GM in the NFL would likely say. It's about the QB. If you want to read my volumes of posts talking about how this is a QB driven league, feel free to search. You are taking one just simply factual statement and making it an attack on Teddy Bridgewater when that is very likely not the case. If Teddy wasn't on our roster and it was PJ Walker, he'd still probably say that because it is a true statement no matter who is at QB. Interpreting this as an assault on Teddy or some public spat is some ESPN bobblehead poo. 

Tepper also mentioned the QB yesterday in an interview. Rhule talked about the QB and Teddy in his final season interview. All this stuff is a pretty good indicator they all know we need a QB. I gotta be honest....I think at least some of them probably also knew that before the season even started.

So what exactly is your point?  We need a new qb, our owner said it. Our new gm gave of some subtle hints about it. Yet here you are claiming that Im projecting because you have nothing to argue about.  What is your point?  For the record, I have absolutely nothing against Trddy personally and would have preferred he worked out. There is nothing wrong with Teddy the human being other then he cant win a SB at QB or lead a game winning drive. Many cant. This is about football. Nothing personal.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

So what exactly is your point?  We need a new qb, our owner said it. Our new gm gave of some subtle hints about it. Yet here you are claiming that Im projecting because you have nothing to argue about.  What is your point?  For the record, I have absolutely nothing against Trddy personally and would have preferred he worked out. There is nothing wrong with Teddy the human being other then he cant win a SB at QB or lead a game winning drive. Many cant. This is about football. Nothing personal.

My point was that your assertion that his not mentioning talking to Teddy was an intentional direct shot. That's a big stretch. I don't think most of what he said up there was lobbing grenades at Teddy. That is projecting your feelings and inserting context that doesn't exist. 

I can buy that the overwhelming preponderance of the organizations comments in the past couple of weeks are very clearly indicating that we are looking at QB options. That doesn't take much reading into, IMO. The fact that he just didn't mention him in a sentence where he was referencing players to talk to? That's a stretch. 

I don't know why you got off into the weeds with the other stuff. I just don't agree that was about Teddy, at all. 

37 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would feel much better about this if @SCPsigned off on him. 

I haven't read much in the last few days but he was so happy to see Hurney fired and having to retire a bunch of Gifs he used to make fun of him.

Checked. He likes Tepper and is happy it's anyone but Hurney. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You are surmising intent when it isn't known. If I was to do similar, I could say only Chinn was worthy of contacting and that isn't what he said at all. 

Don't read the tea leaves too much. They just make tea.

Not only this but a shot at someone is actually saying something not saying nothing. It's beyond clear that the descriptor is action based. That's why it's taking/shot and not "oh he left his sidearm holstered at him"

Edited by Fox007
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Man, reporters can be such dicks.

Ask a question he's already said he's not gonna answer - "I'm not going to say anything about that".

Phrase the same question a different way - "Again, not going to get into that"

Sheesh 🙄

Yea that and Joe Person is a chode like usual

5 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

first impression.. he doesn't look confident in his answers or body language.. i'm nervous we hired a "yes man" for Tepper and Rhule

Not everyone is media savvy and he seems more like the back room geek type which is fine. If you were set up in front of a room full of people and cameras and asked questions about your job in a new building in a new city you just got to I wonder how you'd look.

Basically everyone I know would look even more uncomfortable(myself included) than that and it doesn't have anything to do with their confidence or yes manness(yes i made that up). Also it's an empty room in this case which his bizarre and it's a different type of press conference. 

Wouldn't read too much into it.