• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting change in draft philosophy

Zod

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Stop chasing models and just look at the parts. Did NE model themselves after someone? No, BB failed in CLE and became an evil genius. Did Seatle model themselves after someone? No, they hired Carrol and then the GM who where a huge match along with a great staff and did all kinds of crazy stuff to make a juggernaut for a couple of years. 

Did JR do such a good job chasing the Steelers the first 25 year that all the fanbase can do now it chase other teams with dreams of success? I am tired of following other teams. Is it so bad that I want to see the Panthers be the team leading the league in stead?

Great coaching, was great QB play (Interesting to see where NE goes now) and savvy free agency where they get picks and players. NE and Seattle do all that really well. Can you really say their drafting is top of the league? Even with doing a curve for picking later? That is not why I don't want to emulate them, it because emulation sucks and is a pipe dream. I hope Rule and Fritters make something new from the successes and failures they have witnessed and not try to be it all over again. Is that so bad?

Who said they weren't doing their own thing?  Their taking what they've learned from their past and using it to make a better future.  Why is that a bad thing?  Isn't that what you do in life?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Who said they weren't doing their own thing?  Their taking what they've learned from their past and using it to make a better future.  Why is that a bad thing?  Isn't that what you do in life?

That what I'm talking about. I notated that those two teams haven't been drafting impressively and suddenly it's some negativity to our future? I don't want to be like Seattle or NE, be better man. I have heard model and emulate. Fug that, that's all I was saying and it's like well they win so be like Seattle. Take the good toss the rest. My hope at this point is that Seattle has stagnated with their success and lack of pressure from a hands on ownership and we got the best part of that machine.