• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer roster philosophy in terms of importance and team building...

Zod

39 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Yeah, they have been purposefully de-emphasizing the O line in favor of skill players.

I guess Scott didn’t agree.

Not entirely... They've drafted a fair amount of OL pretty high. All more or less busted for them. Also traded a fair amount for their LT and I believe gave him a decent contract.

Just now, t96 said:

Not entirely... They've drafted a fair amount of OL pretty high. All more or less busted for them. Also traded a fair amount for their LT and I believe gave him a decent contract.

Pretty sure Fitterer would have been involved in drafting our LT last season (Okung).

8 minutes ago, t96 said:

Interesting.

I remember them trading their best O lineman to the Saints in exchange for Jimmy Graham.

Re Curtis Samuel, have none of you ever heard of a one year deal? Especially considering Brady is still here and salary cap uncertainty league wide, one year deals might be common this off-season. Nothing Scott said indicates what they're gonna do with Curtis, way to jump to conclusions by shoehorning your own expectations into something a guy didn't say lol

Edited by ImaginaryKev

35 minutes ago, t96 said:

Then it just further reinforces the idea that OL are hard to find.

Just another reason we need to do everything we can to resign Moton.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, LegioX said:

I remember during Rivera press conference we were all giddy over the things he was saying. Look at how that turned out. I will reserve judgement when I start seeing the product on the field.

We can at least enjoy the honeymoon period. Two people don't go into a marriage saying "I'll reserve my judgements till...."

30 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Some of guys just developed a negative opinion of Curtis due to the 2019 season and are too stubborn to adjust 

This is completely wrong.  Curtis being as good as gone here has nothing to do with what he did before this season and EVERYTHING to do with what he did in 2020.  There is zero chance he's back.  Curtis will command $10 million . . . even if it is just a one year deal.

Funchess got $10 million and was never REMOTELY the threat that Curtis showed himself to be.   

SOMEONE will offer him the money and it won't be us.