• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer defines "Franchise QB"

Zod

5 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I remember that play, and the press conference. I just didn't think much of it.

If you've ever watched Teddy, that's not who he is. He's not going to toss anyone under the bus on purpose, he was just being honest. 

That cardinal as an Avatar got anything to do with your taking up for Teddy B here?

• Pie 4
  • Flames 2

What sucks for Teddy is, he really did some good things especially earlier in the season. He hadn't played a full schedule since before his injury. Part of his issues were probably conditioning, which would explain why he got worse as the season went along and why he was at his worst at the end of games.

I'm probably one of the biggest Bridgewater haters on this board. I'm on record many times saying I would have rather kept Kyle Allen for a minuscule salary over Bridgewater. But I have to say I would assume Teddy would be better next season with better endurance and conditioning.

I'm fine keeping him if they draft a rookie QB to sit for half or a whole season.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

There are people on this board right now who still believe the "Teddy is good enough we just need to build around him" meme.

There's certainly some room for compromise from everyone.

Teddy isn't the guy, and I say that as a guy whose a huge fan of Teddy. But it also is true that he isn't a bad person. He is a very good student of the game.

Everyone at the Vikings, Saints, and in college had nothing but good things to say about him. As a guy who mentored other players, and as a team mate. That's from coaches, players, and fans.

We absolutely need him to be that person, because he's going to be leading a rookie QB into the NFL this year or next. And he's absolutely a perfect fit for that.

8 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

That cardinal as an Avatar got anything to do with your taking up for Teddy B here?

Absolutely. I've been a Panthers fan since Linville and some of these guys were back on the Scout.com message boards with me.

I've got nothing to hide.

As I've said above, after this season I don't think Teddy can be the guy. I kind of hoped he could be, but I no longer think so.

With all that said, he doesn't deserve some of the other the top criticism about who he is as a person either. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Zod just out of curiosity what was the game/moment when you realized Teddy ain't it

Definitely the first Bucs game. Handed them the win with his horrible decision making and throws. Considering Teddy has no aggressiveness to his game or deep threat, that was the first nail in the coffin. He was sold as a guy who would be safe with the football and make good decisions. That game was more like something from Winston. Then all the other games where he came up short on potential GWDs were the rest of the nails. I was actually willing to give him a chance at first but it became evident very quickly that there's no chance he could be a realistic short or long term option at QB if you want to win.

Edited by t96
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, t96 said:

Definitely the first Bucs game. Handed them the win with his horrible decision making and throws. Considering Teddy has no aggressiveness to his game or deep threat, that was the first nail in the coffin. He was sold as a guy who would be safe with the football and make good decisions. That game was more like something from Winston. Then all the other games where he came up short on potential GWDs were the rest of the nails. I was actually willing to give him a chance at first but it became evident very quickly that there's no chance he could be a realistic short or long term option at QB if you want to win.

For me it was the Minnesota game. Teddy had a bad game against Tampa both times, but they are one of the best teams in the NFL this season. Teddy straight gave away the game against Minnesota and inexplicably played like trash. You would have thought he would have upped his game against his former team, but it was quite the opposite. Then he threw the coaching staff under the bus after the game. That game ended the season and Teddy's possibility of being a long term option. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

For me it was the Minnesota game. Teddy had a bad game against Tampa both times, but they are one of the best teams in the NFL this season. Teddy straight gave away the game against Minnesota and inexplicably played like trash. You would have thought he would have upped his game against his former team, but it was quite the opposite. Then he threw the coaching staff under the bus after the game. That game ended the season and Teddy's possibility of being a long term option. 

We'll disagree on the coaching staff part, but I just kept waiting for the light to come on and it just didn't. I don't fully understand it, because I don't remember him being quite that quick to check down in years past. Look at him in Minnesota for instance.

54 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I'm honestly expecting Teddy to be cut or traded at this point.  Some of the subliminal and even pretty obvious shots he's getting from leadership don't exactly make for a friendly environment next year.  A pissed off lame duck QB may not be too thrilled about mentoring a rookie QB who's replacing him. 

Do you honestly want Teddy mentoring a rookie QB?  He takes no responsibility for his mistakes and is a terrible decision maker on the field.   Not sure what he has to offer anyone at this point.  He did this to himself.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I'm honestly expecting Teddy to be cut or traded at this point.  Some of the subliminal and even pretty obvious shots he's getting from leadership don't exactly make for a friendly environment next year.  A pissed off lame duck QB may not be too thrilled about mentoring a rookie QB who's replacing him. 

There are a few teams that could use a QB like Teddy and possibly succeed. I keep coming back to the Colts or Bears.