• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer defines "Franchise QB"

Zod

44 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

There's certainly some room for compromise from everyone.

Teddy isn't the guy, and I say that as a guy whose a huge fan of Teddy. But it also is true that he isn't a bad person. He is a very good student of the game.

Everyone at the Vikings, Saints, and in college had nothing but good things to say about him. As a guy who mentored other players, and as a team mate. That's from coaches, players, and fans.

We absolutely need him to be that person, because he's going to be leading a rookie QB into the NFL this year or next. And he's absolutely a perfect fit for that.

I cannot imagine being Teddy and hearing all of this yet as of right now he is still the starter.

I know the entire world wants us to get a QB in the draft but if that doesnt happen then all we can hope for is that all this talk is fuel for him to have a 'tremendous offseason'.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If Fitterer is correct, then there are maybe 6-8 franchise qb's in the league.  Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson, Brady, maybe Allen, and I can't really think of anyone else.  Our odds of getting are fairly slim.  

My significant other would say Dak Prescott.

(I'm not sure I would but I can't say that out loud)

Just now, CanadianCat said:

I cannot imagine being Teddy and hearing all of this yet as of right now he is still the starter.

I know the entire world wants us to get a QB in the draft but if that doesnt happen then all we can hope for is that all this talk is fuel for him to have a 'tremendous offseason'.

That is how the league is. It is what can you do for me now. Teddy can’t change who he is. A “tremendous offseason” won’t change the fact he can’t throw deep accurately or make him more clutch. 
The week 17 game Bridgewater was chucking it left and right and looked bad doing it. He was bailed out by his receivers and he threw two really bad picks. He would be better off on a more complete team. 
Panthers will be getting a QB this offseason. It is obvious the FO has no love for him. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

That is how the league is. It is what can you do for me now. Teddy can’t change who he is. A “tremendous offseason” won’t change the fact he can’t throw deep accurately or make him more clutch. 
The week 17 game Bridgewater was chucking it left and right and looked bad doing it. He was bailed out by his receivers and he threw two really bad picks. He would be better off on a more complete team. 
Panthers will be getting a QB this offseason. It is obvious the FO has no love for him. 

Yeah I think the writing is on the wall as well. I dont think you talk this openly about getting a Franchise QB and then some how start Teddy. 

That said, I would rather have a different QB on the roster to mentor the new guy. A Derek Anderson type guy.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Zod just out of curiosity what was the game/moment when you realized Teddy ain't it

I remember mine. Not sure who it was against but he tried to throw a 40 yard bomb and it had more hang time and wobble than a punt. I thought maybe it had been tipped at the line or he couldnt step into it because of pressure, but it was a free shot. I had to rewind it 4 or 5 times to double check but he just flat out threw a wounded duck on his best effort. 

45 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Do you honestly want Teddy mentoring a rookie QB?  He takes no responsibility for his mistakes and is a terrible decision maker on the field.   Not sure what he has to offer anyone at this point.  He did this to himself.

Oh, I 1,000% agree.  Shoot Teddy into the moon for all I care.  He should've never been signed in the first place, but the prevailing thought was always" bUt hE KnoWs thE SystEM" and would help the young guys/future QB.  

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

What sucks for Teddy is, he really did some good things especially earlier in the season. He hadn't played a full schedule since before his injury. Part of his issues were probably conditioning, which would explain why he got worse as the season went along and why he was at his worst at the end of games.

I'm probably one of the biggest Bridgewater haters on this board. I'm on record many times saying I would have rather kept Kyle Allen for a minuscule salary over Bridgewater. But I have to say I would assume Teddy would be better next season with better endurance and conditioning.

I'm fine keeping him if they draft a rookie QB to sit for half or a whole season.

Doubt that would fix his other problems. No clutch, bad inaccurate deep ball. Won’t throw past the sticks. He is who he is. No offseason, good or bad, is going to change him. 

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That was actually the point of my screenshot, to highlight how few 4QC and GWD's. Should have taken it the way you did. 

2019 W4 4QC/GWD: 15 play drive, 3 passes. longest pass is 9 yards

2019 W6 GWD: 12 play drive, 7 passes, longest pass 12 yards

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

We'll disagree on the coaching staff part, but I just kept waiting for the light to come on and it just didn't. I don't fully understand it, because I don't remember him being quite that quick to check down in years past. Look at him in Minnesota for instance.

He checked down quite a bit in Minnesota, just going off of memory and definitely with the Saints. 
Most of his passes were behind the 10 yard line. He has always been a YAC QB.