• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer defines "Franchise QB"

Zod

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

My significant other would say Dak Prescott.

(I'm not sure I would but I can't say that out loud)

The list can definitely be a little flexible.  A few qb's get on that list for a couple of years, then fall off of it.  I would say that both Delhomme and Cam were on it for a couple of years.  

Point remains though that its going to be hard to get one. 

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

It’s worth mentioning that like Russ and Fitterer, Justin Fields has a baseball background as well. 

He’s an athlete. 

Russell was further along in his development coming into the league than Fields is. If you go back and read Wilson's draft profiles, they are hilarious. Point by point everything you want to see in an NFL prospect but almost all mentioning that he might be too short to play in the NFL. In hindsight, it's extremely goofy to read that kind of stuff. 

I still like Fields but I don't know that I can say he is ready to be a day one starter in the NFL. I think some of the struggles he had this past season with decision making are going to be amplified at the pro level pretty considerably. He just needs some more high level reps to get him there, IMO.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Russell was further along in his development coming into the league than Fields is. If you go back and read Wilson's draft profiles, they are hilarious. Point by point everything you want to see in an NFL prospect but almost all mentioning that he might be too short to play in the NFL. In hindsight, it's extremely goofy to read that kind of stuff. 

I still like Fields but I don't know that I can say he is ready to be a day one starter in the NFL. I think some of the struggles he had this past season with decision making are going to be amplified at the pro level pretty considerably. He just needs some more high level reps to get him there, IMO.

I’m just saying Fields, Fitts and Russ all share baseball backgrounds. Seattle is big on athletics and so is Rhule. There are also parts of playing shortstop that come out when playing QB. It’s also why I can’t see Fitterer and Rhule drafting a guy like Mac Jones.

As far as the other things you said I agree. That OSU offensive scheme doesn’t help either. It was well documented that Haskins needed a year to sit and learn. He didn’t get that which ended up being part of the reason (obviously there’s off the field issues there) he struggled so much. 

• Beer 1