• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule press conference

Captain Morgan

Matt Rhule, on his virtual presser, about the Panthers interviewing FIFTEEN candidates: I thought it was brilliant. For a first-year NFL coach, for a third-year owner to talk to people who work for all those teams? I would have paid for it.

Matt Rhule says he doesn't want to comment on any specific players. "Each and everyday we have to find a way to get better and improve the roster...I think we're going to continue to try to churn."

Matt Rhule says anything can happen as far as Joe Brady getting a job. But if he is in fact back: "I'm excited to have him back next year."

Matt Rhule said he was really happy for the assistant coaches that go jobs elsewhere. He wanted them back. But he was happy for them.
Edited by Captain Morgan
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule told Joe Person he likes having more picks because you have a better chance of hitting on your picks.

In the process, he basically confirmed that he wanted to trade down last year. 

I thought the same thing. But then he mentioned, in his answer on the Combine question. That the value of the combine was to meet the players and get to know them, he mentioned Derrick Brown specific and only him, in retrospect, as someone he would love to get the opportunity to coach.

Not sure that answer change anything. He could still wanted to trade down. 

21 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule told Joe Person he likes having more picks because you have a better chance of hitting on your picks.

In the process, he basically confirmed that he wanted to trade down last year. 

Maybe I am wrong but I think we could of gotten Derrick Brown around 15th if we wanted. Unless the Cardinals were going to take him then I understand staying pat. 

• Poo 1