• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"In on every deal"

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Expect the bottom of our roster to be churned like butter. They'll want to keep cycling and shirting through trash until they find someone overlooked. 

The only free agent deal I want done is you know who.

Well if you get your wish I doubt they will be able to do any free agent deals for a while.   Better hit one those draft picks.

52 minutes ago, joemac said:

Why not?  Seems to work pretty well for them.

Saints are good because of their drafting, its allowed them to stay competitive while being in "cap hell"

Their 2017 draft is probably one of the best draft of all time, that didn't' include a QB.

4 all pro level players on rookie deals goes a long way 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

People have the Saints wrong cap wise. I’ve posted this multiple times but they extend their stars and then fill in with usually lower priced FAs. Look at their top 5 cap hits compared to ours. 4 of their 5 are drafted/developed and 4 of our 5 are guys most likely not on the team after this year or next. We spend large sums on FAs recently and they spend large sums extending their young stars. Extending Moton and probably Samuel wouldn’t have even come up for them. There’d be no discussion on CMC or Moore either. For us, we spend $$$s on injured old LTs, QBs that are just bridges and guys we probably won’t keep.

You make some good points bugs. I hope the days of spending $$$ for players past their prime, injury-prone, etc. are behind us.  And I hope we can replicate last year’s draft success going forward.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

From the article...

"But before we do anything outside, I need to figure out who's here. I need to figure out this roster. I need to figure out who's on our offensive line, who's on our defensive line. I know them from a 30,000-foot view, but I need to know them from a coaching standpoint, and a personal standpoint, and meet these guys and see what they're made of.

Confirming again that the trenches are central to his team building philosophy...

I thought the Rhule press conference was more telling. 

He said that every GM candidate and every organisation has the philosophy, in theory, of QB / Oline / Dline.

It's whether you practice what you preach.

• Beer 2