• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our old buddy Josh McCown has a job opportunity...

Mr. Scot

This makes their shinny new GM look like other Pats 'experts' that fail anywhere else. I am sooo glad we are not stuck with that goober.

Watson is still going to have to sit a year before that double dumpster fire comes to grips with the situation. 

To be clear, McCown is a super smart guy. Plenty of people that have worked with him say he has the potential to be a head coach in the NFL someday. He's also gutsy and a leader, as evidenced by his playing through injury for the Eagles last year.

And if they were talking about giving him a shot at being a quarterback coach or an offensive assistant or something like that to get his foot in the door, I'd be saying "good choice".

But discussing your head coaching job with that guy who's never been so much as coached high school?

That's a little beyond "outside the box".

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

To be clear, McCown is a super smart guy. Plenty of people that have worked with him say he has the potential to be a head coach in the NFL someday. He's also gutsy and a leader, as evidenced by his playing through injury for the Eagles last year.

And if they were talking about giving him a shot at being a quarterback coach or an offensive assistant or something like that to get his foot in the door, I'd be saying "good choice".

But discussing your head coaching job with that guy who's never been so much as coached high school?

Dude is also a freak athlete. A lot of people don't realize that. He actually ran snaps at WR in the NFL at one point and there's a highlight real of him going HAM in an intramural basketball league. 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Dude is also a freak athlete. A lot of people don't realize that. He actually ran snaps at WR in the NFL at one point and there's a highlight real of him going HAM in an intramural basketball league. 

Ran all over us the first time we played against him.

The team was calling him "White Vick" back then. Steve Smith still calls him "White Chocolate"

• Beer 1

This is probably a fair point.

And to be clear, this isn't McCown's fault. He's not the one making the decisions.

Not exactly a good look for Caserio though. They're trying to make people think the official company car is manufactured by Mercedes. Right now it looks closer to Ringling Brothers.

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, BudFox said:

So are we not counting that he was the QB coach at Myers Park High School, coaching UNC's next QB star Drake Maye?

Well ya know, if they're going to reach that far, I coached a group of sixth and seventh graders to an undefeated season in flag football a couple years back.

I'm not taking the job unless I'm guaranteed full roster control though. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I've never understood the fascination with McCown. No one has ever been rewarded more for being so bad.

Most coaches were average if not below average players. Especially the good coaches. 

This might be a better ? For Mr Scott but who was the best NFL player to be a head coach? Jim Zorn? Rivera? 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not only is his only coaching experience at the high school level, he wasn't even a head coach or offensive coordinator.  He was the QB coach at his sons' high school!

8 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Most coaches were average if not below average players. Especially the good coaches. 

This might be a better ? For Mr Scott but who was the best NFL player to be a head coach? Jim Zorn? Rivera? 

First name that comes to mind is Mike Ditka. He wasn't necessarily great long-term but he did get a Super Bowl ring and coached one of the best teams in history.

Thought provoking question though. I feel like I'm missing somebody.