• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox analyst says he heard that Watson has interest in Panthers!

top dawg

6 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Really?  So much for your moral compass...

DeShaun can't "force" the Texans to do anything...

Moral compass? So much for yours! This ain't the 1800s. No one can make you work if you don't want to! If you feel lied to and otherwise exploited, feel like the front office sold you a bill of goods or have acted in bad faith, or simply feel like your boss is a low-key racist motherfuger, you can quit! 

The Texans can't force him to do anything either! 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Really?  So much for your moral compass...

DeShaun can't "force" the Texans to do anything...

McNair is a lying POS, and apparently hasn't learned his lesson. I mean, he ain't gonna let the inmate rule him! He can just lie to Watson with impunity and act like everything's all good! And you're supporting that? Talking about a lack of a moral compass...

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Fingers crossed it's just Fitterer following up on his "in on every deal" mantra.

You don't build a consistent winner by trading away that much Draft capital for one player when your roster is a shambles.

Eagles gave up similar for Wentz and got a Lombardi. They've had one bad year (2020).

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Per Jonathan Jones...

The Panthers would have to unload Teddy Bridgewater and his contract if they wanted Watson, though it seems unlikely the Texans would want to take that on considering the way he played in 2020.

That'd mean the Panthers would have to trade something of substantial value with a quarterback to give and with the least desirable first-round spot among the group. Panthers owner David Tepper would have to part with Christian McCaffrey, the face of the franchise, and likely more. Defensive end Brian Burns, entering his third season in the league, would also likely be requested in order to get such a deal done.

NFL Insider Notes

So basically picks, McCaffrey and Burns

Deal 

• Pie 1

People say 3 1st is to much, heck I would give 3 1st and a 2nd this year. if you think about it we were going to pick a qb with our first already your only giving up 2 1st and a 2nd for a top 5 qb that’s only 25 and giving him more weapons than he has had. 

Edited by Panfan35
  • Pie 3

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Per Jonathan Jones...

The Panthers would have to unload Teddy Bridgewater and his contract if they wanted Watson, though it seems unlikely the Texans would want to take that on considering the way he played in 2020.

That'd mean the Panthers would have to trade something of substantial value with a quarterback to give and with the least desirable first-round spot among the group. Panthers owner David Tepper would have to part with Christian McCaffrey, the face of the franchise, and likely more. Defensive end Brian Burns, entering his third season in the league, would also likely be requested in order to get such a deal done.

NFL Insider Notes

So basically picks, McCaffrey and Burns

The Texans would be foolish to trade for McCaffrey.

If they're forced to trade Watson it's a full rebuild. You don't take on team unfriendly contracts like McCaffrey's.

I'd be after Chinn / Brown / Burns / Moore and first round picks. 

I don’t think I could package Burns in that deal. He’s a 15+ sack player. You have to be able to field a competent team around Watson. Pass rushers are top 3 most important and we’d be relying on YGM to step up and hopefully hitting on another rusher in rounds 2-7. Just remember how much Brian affected games last year. He probably was the best player on the entire team last year. It starts getting tricky at that point. I think we have the talent on D to compete they just need time to grow and be supplemented with solid players. I’d feel much more confident only having to get good oline talent without firsts then pass rushers and oline without firsts. Yes it’s doable but more risky. This is tough. I want Watson bad.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Car123 said:

We better not trade Burns.

Agreed. Burns shouldnt be considered. He's going to command 20 mill per year himself when it's said and done. We have 3 more years of him on the cheap. These people saying Brown, Burns, Chinn and picks are absolutely clueless. 

Watson will be making 40+ million a year after next season. That alone devalues him of the offers the Huddle throws up. Not only do we lose all of that cheap talent but we lose the ability to replace them with cheap talent. 

As much as I love Watson I just don't see a scenario where we come out ahead and no, Teddy won't net us a pack of Ramen. We tanked CMC's value as well with that contract and the injuries. 

All that said, 2 1sts and a player not on a cheap rookie deal (maybe Robbie) is about the most we could consider and that won't get it done.

• Pie 1