• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox analyst says he heard that Watson has interest in Panthers!

top dawg

6 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I think a lot of folks here have an inflated sense of how valuable draft picks are vs. an elite franchise QB.

Draft picks are only as valuable as the players you pick with them. Short of hitting on a franchise QB with one of the 1st rounders we'd be giving to Houston, Watson's value far exceeds the players we'd get with those picks, save for some kind of miracle run of drafting that rarely ever happens in the NFL.

I, for one, don't think it'll take quite as much to acquire Watson as many seem to. The 3 1st rounders thing seems to be assumed, but is just speculation. Watson's desire to get out does reduce the leverage the Texans have in trading him, as does his no-trade clause and the fact that he has to agree to the team he's traded to.

It wouldn't surprise me if the eventual trade - by us or another team - looks a lot more like the Khalil Mack trade to Chicago than something that includes 3 1st rounders and a big name player.

I think you're correct about Huddle valuation, and I posted as much earlier in the thread. Many have us giving away the farm! I doubt it goes that way. It won't go that way!

15 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I think a lot of folks here have an inflated sense of how valuable draft picks are vs. an elite franchise QB.

Draft picks are only as valuable as the players you pick with them. Short of hitting on a franchise QB with one of the 1st rounders we'd be giving to Houston, Watson's value far exceeds the players we'd get with those picks, save for some kind of miracle run of drafting that rarely ever happens in the NFL.

I, for one, don't think it'll take quite as much to acquire Watson as many seem to. The 3 1st rounders thing seems to be assumed, but is just speculation. Watson's desire to get out does reduce the leverage the Texans have in trading him, as does his no-trade clause and the fact that he has to agree to the team he's traded to.

It wouldn't surprise me if the eventual trade - by us or another team - looks a lot more like the Khalil Mack trade to Chicago than something that includes 3 1st rounders and a big name player.

Agreed. What you’re trading away is the HOPE of getting some superstar players in the future.

The reality will most likely be a lot different.

We had a stretch where we drafted Kelvin, Vernon, and Shaq in the first. Anyone would trade those picks for a QB like Watson.

What makes this more interesting is Seattle’s experience in the first round. They’ve sucked with those picks the past 5 years or so. Fits might not value a first like we do.

People say it won’t take as much and he can choose who he wants to play for, well that just puts more teams in the pot. You really think he would pick us over someone like the 49ers they would be SB bound with that defense. Heck with Washington’s defense they would be really damn good. Love to have Watson but I’m sorry he will not make us SB bound. We need more oline and better players on back seven on defense. Don’t even think Panthers are remotely a possibility but whatever keeps the Huddle going!

IMO any package of picks that includes includes a pick this year that could let them draft a QB they really like would be more appealing to them than a package that does not.  You at least need to give your fanbase some hope, they are going to be upset enough about losing Watson if it happens.

At #4 Atlanta could potentially have a very valuable pick depending on how the board falls and depending on how Houston views the 2-3 QBs after Trevor.  Maybe Houston decides that they Fields is the clear #2 QB, what if Fields falls to Atlanta's spot.  Maybe Atlanta could put together a really attractive trade package.  The cap math would be interesting, also I'm not sure if Houston would want Ryan or not.  They could take him and let him start for a year or two?

Outside of the Jets there is a good chance they wait to draft night to do anything if they do decide to do something.  The value of the Dolphins, Falcons, and even our 1st round pick with be somewhat dependent on how the board falls.  With the Jets pick they pretty much know they can have any QB outside of Trevor, they might not end up with the QB they really want.

2 hours ago, razorwolf said:

The team would be crazy to give up so much capital for DeShaun Watson. He isn't worth CMC, Burns, or DJ! IMO The most that any team should give up for Watson is maybe 2021 Round 1, 2021 maybe 4th or 5th round, 2022 1st Round, and maybe a pick maybe 4th or 5th round! Because whoever signs him is facing a huge salary and dead cap!

He's worth all three and then some.

Watson is on a HOF path, Panthers wouldn't sniff a HOFer with the picks they'd be giving up most likely.