• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold

Pazhoosier89

Just like everything depends on the price. I will say this, I was competly done with Dave when he picked a RB over Sam, I thought sam would have played better. That one year contract makes this not worth more than a late rounder, imo. Im also a sucker for low risk, high reward deals and this is one of them. 

4 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Its easy to make excuses for him since he plays for Jets, and to blame the coaching and players around him, but stats like this make me nervous.

Having a clean pocket doesn't mean he has wide open receivers, you could have a clean pocket and have your receivers blanketed really well. This graphic doesn't really tell the full story in my opinion. 

16 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Would you trade Teddy and a 5th for Darnold?  I would be tempted just to dump that contract.

The problem is we are all going on the theory that the Jets get Watson.....they aren't going to want an albatross of a contract that Teddy brings! 

We are talking about the Jets though!  🤣

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Having a clean pocket doesn't mean he has wide open receivers, you could have a clean pocket and have your receivers blanketed really well. This graphic doesn't really tell the full story in my opinion. 

this graphic isn't talking about completions, its talking about accurate passes so the separation of the receiver isn't a factor.   Might not be the full story, but its a good bit.

5 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Its easy to make excuses for him since he plays for Jets, and to blame the coaching and players around him, but stats like this make me nervous.

Stafford, who many are wanting us to trade for, isn’t far above him. A 3rd or less for a young Darnold makes more sense that a higher pick for an older Stafford.