• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford Available

Untouchable

Look how many games we lost last year by one possession, dump off Teddy could never get us that game winning drive. 

Stafford?  He has 38 career game winning drives, while playing for a terrible organization not set up to be in position for wins. Those 38 games rank 2nd amongst current NFL QB's, only trailing Brees.

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

That means DET drafts a QB for sure.  So with Four or so teams picking ahead of us wanting a QB we may end up without a chair when music stops.

Well that was decided when we beat Washington. The reality is we might not have a QB for another two years. 

5 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Signing Stafford is a backwards move for this team. Don’t compound a Teddy mistake with another over the hill QB that has never won anything in his life. 

Stafford is in pocket passer prime. It is not a backwards move. Teddy isnt over the hill either he just sucks.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

So here is my take on the win situation:

if we get:

Watson -  super bowl contenders long term solution to an issue

Stafford - playoffs, short term solution to an issues

Draft - we will see in 2 years, possible bust, possible ok, possible franchise QB.

I see trading for a QB as a lot less risky than drafting for one. If we get either of these qb’s in a draft outside of LT we need to go all in on defense, namely LB’er and CB. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I say nab Stafford then trade back and rebuild the interior Oline.

I would not trade back too far in this draft myself.  We may not be this high next year and we need a rookie QB for the future.  I still would take a qb with my first pick if Sewell is gone.  Use the 2 second round picks on bpa with one or both on an offensive lineman.  Profit.

With Stanford being traded the Lions will be in the market for a QB. So that’s Jags, possibly Jets, Falcons, Lions, and perhaps Miami looking for a QB. 

That means we will end up reaching for a QB. So getting Stafford wouldn’t be a bad idea. He’d be a baller on the Panthers. 

• Beer 1