• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford Available

Untouchable

9 minutes ago, ncfan said:

This Also means abother team ahead of us in the Draft will be going after a QB

That Win for the Culture is looking great now, right 

If we lose out on the top 4 QB. I rather we trade back get as many picks as possible. Build a stronger foundation and go all out for  Howell or Rattler

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

If Watson really doesn't want to come here, then this makes sense.   Stafford throwing to our guys could be fun to watch.

I just worry about our offensive line and protecting him.

The good news is we wouldn't have to give up a butt load of 1st round picks and a top player or two of our own.  Makes it easier to build the lines.  If we could keep this years first in the deal I could get behind it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, spizike99x said:

At 32 he can play at a high level for up to 4 more years and we can be better set up for a Franchise QB in the coming years. If another team snags him first I feel getting Zack Wilson should be the best realistic draft option. 

If he can stay healthy I agree. I’ll hate to give up draft picks while we have a lot of holes to fill for home to be on the sideline holding the clipboards.

• Pie 1

I don’t understand the idea of getting a 33-year-old quarterback who is probably looking at the backside of his career. This reminds me of going to get Teddy Bridgewater when all we need to do was find a quarterback we can build a franchise around. This just seems like a Band-Aid and what we really need is a skin graft.

Draft a rookie QB and prep him for his career behind Teddy B. for half or all season.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

l don't mind Stafford coming here if it's for nothing big. If we can't get Watson, Stafford could come in and probably have a good year just from the change of scenery and better talent around him. I can't see him lasting longer than a year, we need to have his replacement in this draft if we go the Stafford route.

Stafford probably has another 5-6 years in him. We have McCaffrey signed for 5 years. We also have weapons for Stafford on the outside.

We can use picks to build our line and secondary. The rest of the defense is young. 

Saints in cap hell, Brees retiring. 

Falcons in bad cap, Ryan about done.

Bucs can't keep everybody, several older guys nearing the end including Brady.

Seems to set up for a nice little run

• Pie 2