• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lavar says Melo is not happy

NAS

Well, it was bound to happen when you draft a guy #3 overall, he sets numerous rookie records in spot duty, and then you reduce his minutes to the point of not even playing him but 16 minutes in a loss to a mediocre team.

Borrego brought this on himself, and if he doesn't fix it, he needs to be fired ASAP.  This is why we can't have anything nice in Charlotte/NC professional sports.  We always manage to screw it up.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

10 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Well, it was bound to happen when you draft a guy #3 overall, he sets numerous rookie records in spot duty, and then you reduce his minutes to the point of not even playing him but 16 minutes in a loss to a mediocre team.

Borrego brought this on himself, and if he doesn't fix it, he needs to be fired ASAP.  This is why we can't have anything nice in Charlotte/NC professional sports.  We always manage to screw it up.

You’re not wrong. Two limp dick owners (Richardson and MJ) who hire limp dick GMs and coaches and don’t prioritize winning. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Nobody is happy. All respect due but if the doors were open, nobody is coming to see Rozier or Graham. Let's be honest. Everybody everywhere wants LaMelo to start rookie or not.

The other night when I saw Rozier played 39 minutes compared to Lamelo’s 17 and he was worse than LaMelo I was shocked. 

Then Borrego said after the game LaMelo has to be better. Huh? Really? 

Just now, Scott12345 said:

Melo had 5 turnovers in 16 minutes against the bulls...and his defense is lousy...got to do better than that

Less concerned about the turnovers--it's the NBA, and with a fast paced style like Lamelo plays, you can live with some TOs that come from being aggressive and pushing the ball.  Where I think Borrego and the staff are concerned is the defense.  They feel it's bad enough that the trade off between a better offense with Lamelo on the floor isn't worth the porous defense. I don't have the on/off +/- and other advanced stats to back it up, but that's what they eye test says. 

It's what I was concerned about before the draft. I was saying Lamelo couldn't be a star if he didn't improve his defense because it would cancel out his offense. For what it's worth, I've been willing to eat crow on my Lamelo stance, because his offense has been better than I expected even with inconsistency with his shooting. And he's doing much better at such a young age than I expected. He's got a lot of time to improve on all aspects of his game.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1