• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers would love to try and pry away Matthew Stafford

TheSpecialJuan

Stafford has played under 3 head coaches and 4 different OCs during his 12 years in Detroit. Aside from the fact it's a horribly run franchise, 2 seasons with Matt Patricia is like having no head coach at all.

Remember this is the team Barry Sanders retired from at the peak of his career because they wouldn't build a team around him. Megatron also retired in his prime for the same reason. The only thing I blame Stafford for is sticking around as long as he did.

19 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

By offering next years 1st round pick and this years 2nd rounder. 

https://nfltraderumors.co/nfc-notes-eagles-falcons-panthers-3/

If this is the cost for an over the hill Stafford (assuming no Watson) then I'd rather use that draft capital on moving up in the draft for one of the young guys. I have seen enough of Stafford's Jay Cutlerish/Jake Plummer level of mediocrity to know what we would get. 

3 hours ago, TANTRIC-NINJA said:

If this is the cost for an over the hill Stafford (assuming no Watson) then I'd rather use that draft capital on moving up in the draft for one of the young guys. I have seen enough of Stafford's Jay Cutlerish/Jake Plummer level of mediocrity to know what we would get. 

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

7 hours ago, Madwolf said:

Ah yes, an aging veteran on the wrong side of 30, with an injury history, and declining stats.

Worked out so well for us with Okung, and countless other players, why not give Stafford a try and sink the Franchise 3 years further into the "rebuilding" muck.

Hurney is that you?

No that was Bridgewater that you said was going to be so good