• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Rodgers' presser: moving on?

CarolinaSunday

Did anyone see Aaron Rodgers' post game presser? I didn't see it, but there is a LOT of Twitter chatter that he sounded like he was saying goodbye to the Packers. 

It's probably just emotions, and he's under contract until 2023, so likely not happening, but man. What a fun off-season it will be if Rodgers and Watson become available.

And because this just feels inevitable somehow:

Edited by CarolinaSunday

12 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Florio mentioned the Saints getting him I would be livid but I think first place he would want would be home in San Fran.

I know that the Saints don't seem to play by the same cap rules, or they have a magic cap fairy or something, but they are going to be $100m over cap and I think Aaron's cap hit is $30m next season. Not sure how they'd do it unless they cut everyone on the team and just signed a bunch of people off the street. 

Its emotions, hes allowed to be this way after a hard fought lost. The green bay FO is worst than Herniay, with this past draft. Honestly Hernaiys' #1 move is doing all he can to win right now, thats what GB needed with the draft. 0/10 failure with drafting Love(it did light a fire under Rogers tho..). 

While its sore, there's zero chance, ZERO that rodgers is playing for anyone besides the packers next years.  Even if Rodgers refuses to play, the team would be CRAZY to let him off the hook and look like the bad guy, its more likely they would hold onto him and let love start while Rodgers holds out, and even that is VERY unlikely.  Watson is an unfixable situation where the organization is desperate to gain draft capital in order to become relevant the packers are NOT that.