• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Remmers will start at left tackle in the Superbowl.

Zod

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean he is.   But not really if you stack him up to Tom Brady.   Like Peyton....it just doesn't seem like you can stop the predictable conclusion. 

Oh, look, Mahomes has turf toe.  Loses his LT.   About to play the best front in the NFL.   Everything setting up for Brady. 

I wouldnt bet on it

Edited by Scott12345

Chiefs starting OL for the Super Bowl: LT Remmers (0 LT snaps since '16) LG Allegretti (7th rounder) C Reiter (7th rounder) RG Wisniewski (cut by PIT in Nov.) RT Wiley (a UDFA guard)

This should prove a team does not have to have high draft choices to build a very good offensive line.

36 minutes ago, BrianS said:

People still blame Remmers for that game and they are STILL WRONG.

It was very (*&$@ing clear from very early on that we needed to give help on Von Miller.  Our OC chose to not give help . . . at all.  Instead of placing the blame where it belonged, on our staff, we chose to blame Remmers.  Sometimes players just have an amazing game and you need to adjust for it.  We didn't.

Remmers has enjoyed a solid career since leaving us with the Vikings, Giants and Chiefs.  The guy is now rostered and likely to play in his second SB.  He's already started 12 games for the Chiefs this year.  I expect he's going to get a ring this time.  Andy Reid is far from Mike Shula.

I agree. Remmers actually played well all of 2015 except the SB, where he got owned by one of the best pass rushers in the league. It was obvious from the start that he needed help.

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, stbugs said:

From that angle, man it makes me mad that Tolbert was even on the roster at that point. How many fumbles did he have? Also, if Remmers is on an island with Von Miller, fuging chip Miller on your way out instead of realizing you are so fat and slow and wanting to get in the route quick and just fake blocking.

Tolberts fumble was the turning point of the game

If you notice the Chiefs will often let the defensive ends of their opponents get up field easily and Mahomes slides up and into the vacated side to throw the ball.  It's intentional and it allows Remmers and their other tackles to not have to "block" the DE rush per se......they block the DEs trying to come back and get Mahomes from behind and usually by that time Mahomes has already gotten rid of the ball.

Edited by Rocky Davis
  • Pie 1