• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading Up to 3 or 5 - A Look Into the Potential Cost**

SetfreexX

With pick 8, you'd have to assume Lawrence / Wilson or Fields go 1 and 2 based on early mocks / media commentary. 

So that means you'd need to get to MIA at 3, or CIN at 5. ATL is at #4 and could be in the market to draft an heir apparent to Ryan, but there's been no talk that has leaked yet, so let's assume for now their interest is elsewhere. 

Current Panther Draft picks (Provided by): http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

1st - 8

2nd - 39

3rd - 73

4th - 104

5th - 135

6th - 169

7th - N/A

I will see if I can locate our comps, as I don't think they have been finalized yet**

At 3 or 5, you're likely looking at Fields / Wilson or Lance...

Pick Value (Provided by): https://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

#3 is worth 2,200 - Swap our 1st, and give up our 2, 39th overall (510), and 3, 73rd overall (225) = 2135

(Would likely see a day 3 added in there, or a future day 2 potentially)

#5 is worth 1,700 - Swap our first, and give up our 3, 73rd overall (225), and 4 (86) = 1,711 

Our pick at #8 is worth 1,400

Edited by SetfreexX
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

QB picks tend to go for a premium over the traditional trade value chart.  This year I think even more so.

Add about 50% to those amounts.

This

Say Detroit offers 7, next years 1, and a late 1st from Stafford for that same spot

1 minute ago, Growl said:

so less than what we'd give up four Matt Stafford

But with a trade up there's this thing called cap space that we get to keep, or are you ok with an All-Pro RT in Moton hitting the streets, or not having cap to bring in some veterans to fill glaring holes like OG / LB / DL & secondary depth.

2 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

But with a trade up there's this thing called cap space that we get to keep, or are you ok with an All-Pro RT in Moton hitting the streets, or not having cap to bring in some veterans to fill glaring holes like OG / LB / DL & secondary depth.

either I don't understand you or you dont understand me

And adding Stafford is a not a SB move in the next year to two so there's no point, Cam was healthy and we moved on from him for age / injury history, why would we trade for a QB older than Cam, with an injury history just to move on inside three years...

We went the FA QB route it backfired, and we already have TB's salary for at least the 2021 season, so you think trading picks and taking on Stafford's salary makes sense?

Bigger picture the QB rookie contract is EXTREMELY valuable as it is a fixed rate, that allows you to have cap available at other KEY positions for the up 5 years. It's how PHI / LAR were able to build SB capable rosters around Wentz, and Goff.

Their issues were they paid guys out past when the QB's got extended & they ran into the cap issues. SEA did the same with Wilson for his first several years in the league as well. 

Get the QB, build the roster around them early. 

Edited by SetfreexX