• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 Mock Draft Report 1.0: Quarterbacks, a tight end and more

4 of 6 I like a lot.

No to Fields, and Koramoah. At least Fields is supposed to be a really highly rated guy though, how did Koramoah get drafted to us the Draft Network? Is that a big of a reach?

2 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

4 of 6 I like a lot.

No to Fields, and Koramoah. At least Fields is supposed to be a really highly rated guy though, how did Koramoah get drafted to us the Draft Network? Is that a big of a reach?

Yeah, none of theses sites have a clue right now and are grasping at straws.  The Draft network is a joke.  Owusu-Koramoah is not a top 10 prospect. He's very undersized edge guy; a tweener.  Those guys stock usually FALLS, not climbs.  Think of what happened to Brian Burns.  This dude is even smaller 210-215 pounds, so the size of a safety in the NFL.  To say his draft stock is going catch fire and move up to #8 is laughable. 

I love Sewell.  Bookend him with Moton and fill the interior and you've got a championship caliber line . . . . but you still have no QB to take us there. 

I love Parsons.  Gonna be a really good player, not sure he's Kuechly, but he might be Beason. 

Pitts is great, but can he block?  He's closer to a big WR than a true TE. 

I have no idea what miraculous planetary alignment might allow Wilson to fall to us at eight, but we should all go say a little prayer for that to happen. 

I would love to see us move up to three if it only costs us two seconds.  That's worth.  Fields or Wilson there is good.

Don't like the Owusu-Koramoah pick at all.  Dude is a tweener, and we've already got a guy to fill that role exceptionally well in Chinn.  We need a MLB, not another outside or box safety.

• Pie 1
2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yeah, none of theses sites have a clue right now and are grasping at straws.  The Draft network is a joke.  Owusu-Koramoah is not a top 10 prospect. He's very undersized edge guy; a tweener.  Those guys stock usually FALLS, not climbs.  Think of what happened to Brian Burns.  This dude is even smaller 210-215 pounds, so the size of a safety in the NFL.  To say his draft stock is going catch fire and move up to #8 is laughable. 

They had us trading back to 20 with Lance and Surtain still on the board.  LOL.

• Beer 1
18 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yeah, none of theses sites have a clue right now and are grasping at straws.  The Draft network is a joke.  Owusu-Koramoah is not a top 10 prospect.

They have us trading back to 20 for this pick. 

Edited by Rockahype
  • Beer 2
3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

He plays for Notre Dame though, so you know how college prognosticators go full reeeeee when they see that name in front of a player.

5 minutes ago, Rockahype said:

They have us trading back to 20 for this pick. 

I didn't open the link, just went by another posters reaction.  But yeah, still ridiculous we trade back that far especially considering the guys we let slip past us in the process.  At #20, that's not bad for O-Ks current value, but would still be a rather dumb pick for us unless we are going for 'Nascar midget series' defense.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1
12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I didn't open the link, just went by another posters reaction.  But yeah, still ridiculous we trade back that far especially considering the guys we let slip past us in the process.  At #20, that's not bad for O-Ks current value, but would still be a rather dumb pick for us unless we are going for 'Nascar midget series' defense.

Agreed. I'm not sure a smaller Chinn is what we should be taking even later in the 1st round. BPA should never be overlooked but we've got to address the OL/CB/LB/TE situation. 

• Pie 1
43 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I mean it was for a 2022 1st and 2022 3rd. That would actually be pretty nice to have.

5 picks in the top 3 rounds would be huge.