• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If it’s not a QB who do you want in the draft

MGH1989

Suppose the Panthers don’t trade for one or draft one. Who do you want? I think there are three clear candidates.

1. Micah Parsons - need a playmaker in the middle of the defense

2. Devonta Smith - we will probably lose Curtis and he is a stud.

3. Kyle Pitts - freak TE that we need to really open up this offense (besides the obvious of a QB)

I'm going to skip Sewell bc that is expected to be mentioned in here more than a handful. Rashawn Slater & Jalen Mayfield are the OTs to talk about.

Also--cue the linebacker jokes but Parsons is an elite talent and we'd be very lucky to land him if no QB.

But my biggest thing--I don't think it's a pressing need but both Chase & Devonta Smith are special talents.  They have the Jefferson, Beckham type feel to them with the aggressiveness towards the ball they have.  It's like the ball becomes magnetized midair to their spots on the field and it doesn't matter what the defender is doing.  They have such a good combination of route running, awareness and quickness. 

• Pie 1

We already have a lot of money going to LB...unfortunately. I would not throw another top 10 pick there.

Also went all defense last year...

The best option is to trade down.

Most important position is oline.

DBs can be had later on but I wouldn’t mind one.

Wouldn't mind trading way down and getting Pitts.

If we have to go defense I’s much rather take a top DE than Parsons.