• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If it’s not a QB who do you want in the draft

MGH1989

Parsons. We have been spoiled with nearly two unbroken decades of exemplary MLB play. And we saw how much we suffer without that leadership this year. We need a new defensive field general. As important as the secondary is, a good linebacking corps can take a lot of stress off your defensive backs.

36 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Damn if they don’t trade or draft I will be watching no Panthers next year. I will definitely say this owner has no idea what he is doing.

It’s more than clear from recent comments that Tepper knows we need a QB. That’s obvious to anyone.

Even if we want to trade, it’s looking like the ability to trade might not even be there.

So many teams in front of us need a QB.

29 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Trade as far down in the 1st as we can

I think Chicago at 20 is VERY interesting. If we could get 20, 52, and a 2022 1st from them, you have to take it. 

Allen Robinson is leaving and Trubisky may leave as well from an already bad offense, and they have very little cap space. Their pick could be top 15, and possibly top 10 next year. Their pick and our pick next year gives us a real chance to move up for Spencer Rattler

If it's not a QB, Sewell might be the only player I'd take rather than trying to trade down. If we don't land a QB via trade and a QB we value isn't there at #8, then we gotta trade down and accumulate more draft assets IMO. Try to land another 1st next year because we're going to have to try to make a move on Howell or Rattler. The rebuild will have officially been delayed another year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The Panthers find a potential franchise QB in this draft (in the first round) or before or they have lost me. I am sick of this constant push towards mediocrity. In today's NFL hope comes from having a franchise QB. After all the statements made by those in charge, not finding a potential franchise QB is not an option!!!

That STUPID WFT win continues to haunt this team.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If it's not a QB, Sewell might be the only player I'd take rather than trying to trade down. If we don't land a QB via trade and a QB we value isn't there at #8, then we gotta trade down and accumulate more draft assets IMO. Try to land another 1st next year because we're going to have to try to make a move on Howell or Rattler. The rebuild will have officially been delayed another year.

Has already been delayed.

Trade down. If not I'd be totally fine with getting Rashawn Slater kicking him to RT, then moving Moton over to LT. I love Micah Parsons more than just about anyone, but we are in no place to spend that kind of luxurious pick with so many bigger holes in more important positions, especially when considering Jermaine Carter was playing pretty solid when he got his opportunity. I really like Caleb Farley but he scares me with a lack of experience at CB so gotta pass.

6 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

The Panthers find a potential franchise QB in this draft (in the first round) or before or they have lost me. I am sick of this constant push towards mediocrity. In today's NFL hope comes from having a franchise QB. After all the statements made by those in charge, not finding a potential franchise QB is not an option!!!

Who's going to protect a first round franchise QB? You put a QB behind this line, odds are he's gonna be shelled into becoming David Carr 2.0. I'm not opposed to getting a QB in the first round, or even with the 8th pick. But we've got so many glaring needs, that I wouldn't be burning my jersies if we didn't.

That STUPID WFT win continues to haunt this team.

Yeah, tanking worked so well for Doug Pederson. It's stupid. Unsportsmanlike. And if you want the team to lose so badly, you go out there and tell 50 juiced up, hyper-competitive 230lb+ alpha males to swallow their pride and intentionally play beneath their abilities so maybe the team can get a slightly higher draft pick. The players don't care. They want to win. For some, their play will determine if they got a job next year. For others, it's the last pro game they'll ever play. They ain't about to tank for poo.