• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If it’s not a QB who do you want in the draft

MGH1989

7 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Who's going to protect a first round franchise QB? You put a QB behind this line, odds are he's gonna be shelled into becoming David Carr 2.0. I'm not opposed to getting a QB in the first round, or even with the 8th pick. But we've got so many glaring needs, that I wouldn't be burning my jersies if we didn't.

Yeah, tanking worked so well for Doug Pederson. It's stupid. Unsportsmanlike. And if you want the team to lose so badly, you go out there and tell 50 juiced up, hyper-competitive 230lb+ alpha males to swallow their pride and intentionally play beneath their abilities so maybe the team can get a slightly higher draft pick. The players don't care. They want to win. For some, their play will determine if they got a job next year. For others, it's the last pro game they'll ever play. They ain't about to tank for poo.

I am smart enough to recognize the difference between tanking and intentionally trying to lose a game during the game. I sick and tired of these played out straw man arguments. While the effect may be similar, the mode is not. The former is COMMON and the latter is nearly if not precedented. I am glad Pederson lost his job. I also realize the importance of all positions. However, make no mistake - all positions are NOT equal. OL can be had in FA and drafted in later rounds or even signed as undrafted FA. 

Get a QB and if necessary let him sit for year and develop the talent around him.

Without a franchise QB, you are simply spinning your wheels toward another mediocre season or one in each everything falls into place and you make an early exit in the playoffs. That is simply not enough for me. BTW, I have heard the same from others. It takes some justification to renew PSLs and that justification is fading into oblivion.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, kass said:

Haha.. I feel sorry for my fellow countryman there.. 

Sewell falling to 8, yeah, unfortunately not gonna happen.

Guess my post sound a little smug,  that weren't the intention at all.  I also like Sewell. Shame we lose out on his talent. 

Hope there are another promising OTs worthy the 8 pick. Want them to go o-line with a few picks this draft. 

Said it before - If Trey Lance is not sitting there at 8 (and I believe he will be) then trade #8 to GB for their 1st, 2nd and Jordan Love.  Many were projecting Love in the top 15 last year.  It probably did not hurt his development too much sitting behind Rogers for a year.  I think he could come here and start by mid-season.