• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mel Kiper's Mock is out. Wilson to the Falcons at 4, Fields to the Lions, Panthers get Trey Lance.

47 minutes ago, Zod said:

Has Kiper ever gotten our pick corrcet?

I feel like the only thing this means is that Lance isn't it.

I Don't care who we get to play qb its not going to matter one single solitary bit unless and until we fix that very very lackluster and substandard offensive line and secondary...you could have a five star type player play qb for us and if that offensive line and secondary aren't top flight its not going to matter one bit ...

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, pantherfan4life17 said:

I Don't care who we get to play qb its not going to matter one single solitary bit unless and until we fix that very very lackluster and substandard offensive line and secondary...you could have a five star type player play qb for us and if that offensive line and secondary aren't top flight its not going to matter one bit ...

Good point. A-Rod is an elite QB statistically, but he always seems to fall short in the playoffs. How come? The Packers are weak in other areas (secondary/pass rush) and it becomes quite apparent in big games. Russel Wilson can't seem to make it back to the big game either...for pretty much the same reason. I'd rather see us solidify are roster with theses high draft choices. I don't think we need to reach for any of these guys after Lawrence. If we don't get one in the first round, there's always next year and even later in this draft. 

Welcome to the Huddle rookie. I'm gonna upvote your first post with a beer!

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I'll still be surprised if Atlanta actually drafts a QB.   I think simply given the nature of the contracts of folks like Matt Ryan, Julio, etc. that the new coach/gm will be forced into a scenario where they are still in a win now mindset with the core guys they have. 

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don’t think the falcons choose a qb

Even if they don't, he doesn't have pick 2 or 3 being a QB, which I don't see happening.  So either way there is a good chance three QBs will be off the board by pick 8, and all 4 being gone is a very real possibility also.

2 hours ago, TSLA said:

Lance is going to be a bust in Carolina. He needs to go to a team like New England or New Orleans to have success. We still have a crap team, crappy coaches and crappy owner. Jerry Richardson and Ron have not left yet. They just look different. 

There are 31 other teams that you can root for besides the team that's full of crap. Just saying. You have 31 other options! 

3 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

im not sure on lance tbh. he scares me and he isn't going to learn poo from a pissed off teddy and an OC who clearly is gonna bolt town the next chance he can get.

id almost be inclined to take a risk on stafford

I agree that pending any major splash by us, we're looking at Trey Lance or Matt Stafford.  I prefer Lance.

1. Watson

2. Wilson

3. Fields

4. Lance

5. Stafford

6. Load up elsewhere this year/not worth an oversell (OT, OG, C, MLB, TE, CB, DT)