• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mel Kiper's Mock is out. Wilson to the Falcons at 4, Fields to the Lions, Panthers get Trey Lance.

There are a lot of expected movements this year for teams needing a QB and what’s available early. We have one signed for next year so the preferred method may be in the draft. If Wilson or Fields were to fall I’d say move up. Doubt either will be there at 8 but you never know. I feel the safest bet would be Stafford, it just depends on the cost and how to include TB or get rid of him in another manner. The most realistic scenario is we keep TB draft a QB late 2nd or later depending on who’s there and play it out until next year. There are QBs coming out next year and other options to sign, this year isn’t the be all end all for QBs guys so just relax and stop thinking you know better than our FO. This isn’t Marty Hurney we are dealing with here. 

6 hours ago, CRA said:

I have yet to find a comparison I like to Trey Lance.   Who he reminds me of. 

I liken him to Dante Culpepper. Super strong arm, in no way as athletic as Jackson or even Cam. Heard he ran close to 4.65 Could turn into a Josh Allen or Vince Young. If we get him then he will definitely be Pat Mahomes.

6 hours ago, CRA said:

yeah, I don't like the Cam comparison.  Cam was a uniquely dominant runner the likes of which the league had never experienced. 

and Cam in large part despite what the critics said in college and the pros.....didn't scramble that much.  He didn't want to leave the pocket.   His coaches called run plays a lot and he ran when they did. 

4 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

A lot of people say Luck. Allen is a good comparison. He’s probably somewhere between those two

All the Cam fans get upset with the comparison but it does make sense on some levels.  They aren't saying Lance is as good as a runner but he is a bit of a power runner like Cam.  Neither were Lamar or Vick style runners.  Cam was so much different because you could call designed power runs, Lance has some of that.

Also when people talk about arm strength Cam was in a different tier than almost all QBs.  A lot QBs get described as having good arms, but Cam was probably a top-3, if not top level arm in the league, based on pure velocity. Lance falls in the category.

Saying he has the strongest arm since Cam, and is the best power runner since Cam, are actually compliments to Cam.  That doesn't mean they think he is better than Cam at those two things, it means they think he does those things better than all of the people since Cam.  Shows you how rare Cam was.

Personally I like the Allen comp is better than most.  Good athlete, elite arm, questionable accuracy coming out of college.

I have this feeling if none of the QBs the Panthers like are there, that they will trade down to mid range in the first.  in addition to the new first RD, they get a second and a third

they will then Take, god forbid, Jones,  and then all bets are off after that to try and fill holes 

I could see them taking the LT at 8 but  that’s it  I don’t  see a trade up and I don’t see a veteran 

I wish I did but it takes trade value, cap considerations, contract considerations and as the saying goes, ‘two to tango’.  I do not think those veterans prefer Charlotte 

time will tell.   I wish to god, Bridgewater had never come here but he did a d here we are 

Just now, rmoneyg35 said:

Can anyone explain to me why the falcons would want a QB? I mean he still has some years left and is probably a top 10 QB.

because he is getting older, and they are in a position to take one.  A team like Atlanta doesn't plan on picking that high that often and even when they do there isn't a guarantee that there will be a worthy QB prospect there.

In a perfect world they would probably prefer to draft Ryans replacement next year, or the year after, but they might not get the chance.  Might be hard for them to turn down the chance to draft someone like Fields.

These are 4 very highly rated QBs, 3 of them might be #1 picks other years.  Teams can go decades without being able to draft #1 type QBs, you don't past that up.

• Pie 3

7 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

A lot of people say Luck. Allen is a good comparison. He’s probably somewhere between those two

This makes no sense whatsoever.  Yeah and my dog looks like a fuggin turtle.  Lance is nothing like either of those guys.  At all.

A good comp is Jordan Love and no one really knows if either will ever be a decent starting QB in this league.

• Beer 1