• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You can wish me luck or celebrate my demise here

cookinwithgas

3 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Tomorrow I am getting my sigmoid colon removed, so I will be 1 foot less of an ass. but more of a pain in the ass, if all goes well. I'll be in the hospital for a few days at least with nothing to do so I'll probably post here on morphine at least once or twice.

Man, I'm puckering just looking at that thing.  Look at it this way- less ass means not a lot for the boss to chew on.

I'll be thinking about you- be well and be safe.

image.jpeg.84751099d14596f87b4d123469047369.jpeg

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

update, honestly these have been some of the worst weeks of my life. I've had to go on hemo dialysis while my stomach has healed, and I just cannot tolerate it. It's every other day and when I get home all I can do is lie in bed completely uncomfortable, uninterested in food, cold sweats and unable to sleep. Pain from the surgery was added of course but that's gone now. The good news is that I only have one more session of it and I will be allowed to get back to peritoneal dialysis, and the neck catheter will be removed next week.

The transplant search is now getting close, my two main candidates have passed their own doctors checks and are in the transplant system, but it sure seems to be going slow. I've getting added into the VA transplant system as a backup, and they've also finished my COVID vaccination so I will be getting out of the house more soon - the lack of ability to travel and see my family has been nothing but an added mental strain, the awesome vintage sports car I bought to at least get me out of the house and smile isn't running and I haven't had the energy to work on it much, even the Panthers did nothing but let me down lol. Except for Brian Burns, that kids got moxie.

Added to all this is that my sister in California has had a terrible new (3rd) round of cancer which shes currently hospitalized for and also had to be on hemodialysis for (if you cant tell i consider that a fate worse than death) and I can't go out there due to COVID risk and my own medical issues, its a helpless situation that I can only hope to assist from afar, and all the people that care for her seem like angry sheep that need herding due to the different doctor orders and opinions.

The only bright spots are the people that come forward in these tough times to lend an ear and support, as difficult as the pandemic has made it. You never know who is really there for you until the chips are down and sometimes it can be really surprising. I've had people offer to get tested for kidney donation that I would have never thought of. I talked with my ex wife for 2 hours yesterday, who lost her second husband to cancer last year, volunteering to travel to California to care for my sister. People I see once a year taking the time to write a personal note on facebook asking about all of us. These are the things that keep people in trouble going, so the main thing I want to say is don't be shy about it, reach out to people and just say hello, it really does work.

• Pie 1