• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lower Round Gems

TriggaPlease89

Prior to pro days being held by colleges for their draft prospects, I would like to throw a name out there that I hope we are looking at. Raymond Johnson III from Georgia Southern. He’s kind of a diamond in the rough but has the intangibles I feel we could really use. He fits along with the types of players we have drafted to use for a Monroe dynamic and quicker defense. A stronger version but akin to the Marquise Haynes and Christian Miller type 3-4 OLB but this guy has the power and consistency to be special in the stopping the run like Obama. I don’t see him too high in mocks yet at highest maybe the 5th and that’s fine. With no combine until GA Southern showcases him and the other guys that declared for the draft we won’t know how high the league is on him. GA Southern has had a little run of solid players coming out the past few years and I feel he is another. Hopefully we do our due diligence on him especially with bringing over someone from the Seahawks and how they approach the later rounds. 

https://gseagles.com/sports/football/roster/raymond-johnson-iii/4074

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/georgia-southern/92890

Current active NFL players from GA Southern, while modest the list is pretty surprising in the consistency and quality. 

Just mentioned this in another thread but I’m eyeing David Moore G out of Grambling. Only 6’3” at guard but has long arms and looks the part. Moves really well and finishes plays strongly. Somewhat Hidden because of where he plays but he definitely isn’t an unknown. He is playing in the senior bowl so maybe we get a look. Of course if any of these senior bowl guys pop, then I guess they won’t be hidden gems.

Edited by imminent rogaine