• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamie Newman Turning Heads

slumdogmillionaire

I still don’t understand why Newman opted out....he could have played himself into a first round pick this year.

I was listening to WFNZ and Bailey and his cohost were talking about scouts are saying he’s looking really good and would be interesting pick later in the draft and reminded people of Dak in Senior Bowl practices.   He has all the tools with mobility, smarts, personality, and an arm.   

If we don’t trade for Watson or Stafford and the draft doesn’t fall right for a QB in the first round I wouldn’t mind taking a chance on him and see what our coaches can do with him....grab a stud at 8 and then Newman later rather than Mac Jones at 8.  How fall will he fall?  Can we get him in the 3rd or 4th?   

C79E269B-0549-4232-89FA-3902FE586B00.jpeg

Edited by slumdogmillionaire

12 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I honestly want Newman if we miss out on the Big-4. I could see us drafting him in the 3rd, or if he really shines at the Sr. Bowl & his pro day, we make a move like we did for Chinn last year.

I believe Newman is the 4th best QB in this draft. He def fits the Fitterer MO too.

You have Lance in your avatar. Lawrence is by far the best QB in this Draft.

Who do you hate out of Fields and Wilson?

If Newman have a good senior bowl, won't any team jump on him in the second? 

Weren't he considered to be a potential first rounder at one point? 

Alot of teams need a QB who might not get their first choice in free agency or in the first round. 

2 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

I kinda love this. Big, mobile, with a great arm and actually great throwing mechanics.  2nd or 3rd round? Come TF on down!

He doesnt have great mechanics, he does have a strong arm but is inconsistent at times and stares down his receivers too much.  He is a project in every sense of the word.  If the staff feels like he can contribute after sitting a year then so be it but from what I watched at Wake he needs a lot of work. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He doesnt have great mechanics, he does have a strong arm but is inconsistent at times and stares down his receivers too much.  He is a project in every sense of the word.  If the staff feels like he can contribute after sitting a year then so be it but from what I watched at Wake he needs a lot of work. 

Not unlike the draft profile of Josh Allen right? I know his arm isn’t as strong as Allen’s, but it’s legit. He has the physical tools to be a great QB, I’d love to see how Rhule and Brady can develop him.

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Not unlike the draft profile of Josh Allen right? I know his arm isn’t as strong as Allen’s, but it’s legit. He has the physical tools to be a great QB, I’d love to see how Rhule and Brady can develop him.

Ditto on a qb working with our staff in developing them but I think Allen is the exception not the rule.  I just think JN is the ultimate project with a ton of flaws in his game.  Big arm sure, but his accuracy and decision making need a lot of fine tuning.  His game against Clemson last year really put things in perspective for me about him.