• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bieniemy apparently out of the running in Houston

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I'm not assuming anything, you've frequently made excuses for black people not being treated fairly here and in other forums. This is a pattern with you. 

This is based on the assumption that they are being treated unfairly in the instances that we’ve had these discussions. What makes you think Bienemy is being treated unfairly? 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

@ImaginaryKev lets say you are in charge and need to hire 10 people. Who are you hiring? Be 100% honest. 

I see you're trying to conduct a thought experiment here but if players and coaches all agree that black coaches aren't getting a fair shot, why you in such a rush to disagree and cape for owners who might only be comfortable with other white folks in leadership positions? This might be unconscious and not outwardly malicious at all, I've admitted that much. But it's weird how you're in such a hurry to justify a qualified black coach being passed over repeatedly while white coaches with less experience and shorter resumes continue to get coaching gigs and more interviews. You don't have to change the subject or bring up the lack of white DBs if you disagree, I promise that's got nothing to do with this

"If you had to hire 10 people who would you hire?"

Not hard to see where this is going and how its gonna be twisted into an attack on race quotas and how we need to hire the best person for the job etc (as if diverse work forces can't do a good job). I mean, if black coaches weren't good in leadership roles there wouldn't be so many black coordinators in the Super Bowl this year. And ask any of them, it isn't about ability, it's about opportunities. Go ahead, ask black coaches what they think. But nope, let's invoke Jason Sehorn to demonstrate the natural inequalities of the NFL I guess, and how it's totally a merit based system (even though NFL players and black coaches disagree with you, too).

They can play all the positions and be great coordinators but can't be given the big jobs as HC and in the front office? Lol, yeah totally fair, merit based system

28 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I mean the last white CB I think was Jason Sehorn(1990s), wheres are the out-rage about that? What would be the reaction if the NFL started forcing teams to play more whites/non-blacks at CB? Like draft picks, WR has to play with a weight vest, allow defenses one more player, all 50/50 calls go in favor etc. Plus no one should tell you how/who to hire if you spent 3 billion on a business. That goes the same if you build a small business form nothing too. Equal part is gone too, since the other method is to lower standards to make the "unfair" testing right. 

We get it, you think affirmative action is unfair. So easy to spot the bitter. 

9 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

"If you had to hire 10 people who would you hire?"

Not hard to see where this is going and how its gonna be twisted into an attack on race quotas and how we need to hire the best person for the job etc (as if diverse work forces can't do a good job). I mean, if black coaches weren't good in leadership roles there wouldn't be so many black coordinators in the Super Bowl this year. And ask any of them, it isn't about ability, it's about opportunities. Go ahead, ask black coaches what they think. But nope, let's invoke Jason Sehorn to demonstrate the natural inequalities of the NFL I guess, and how it's totally a merit based system (even though NFL players and black coaches disagree with you, too).

They can play all the positions and be great coordinators but can't be given the big jobs as HC and in the front office? Lol, yeah totally fair, merit based system

You mean kind of how you spun my comment out of context?

• Pie 1

Just now, WarHeel said:

You mean kind of how you spun my comment out of context?

I followed it to its natural conclusion, which is you making excuses for why black people are treated unfairly in order to divorce race or bias from the equation. This isn't your first time doing this either. 

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I followed it to its natural conclusion, which is you making excuses for why black people are treated unfairly in order to divorce race or bias from the equation. This isn't your first time doing this either. 

The “natural conclusion” being your biased predetermination. Got it...

3 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Cams arm is even trying to spin me pointing out inequality and advocating for more black opportunities as bitterness, which is just weird and defensive. Again, hit dogs always holler in conversations like this. 

Wow...now he’s calling people dogs. The nerve of this guy.

See how taking things out of context just makes you look ridiculous?