• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Mac jones

Beerfacedlegend

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

That’s a hurndog move for sure.  

but I do think rhule likes what he sees in Jones.   Does that mean we will draft him, probably not but damn this week produced some smoke.  

There is always a lot a smoke and gamesmanship going on this time of year.  I don't put much stock in coach speak anyway, especially this time of year.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll see. Throwing shade at Teddy at every turn and being heavily involved in QB trade talks is either heavy telegraphing or the most elaborate smokescreen in NFL history.

I admit I don't get the strategy towards Teddy.  How they are handling that situation is puzzling to say the least.  

• Pie 1

You need to be able to make plays with your arm and legs. By arm, I mean with arm strength to fit it in tight windows. Jones (and QBs like him) have not become above average since the practice rules were changed. They would end being the first exception to the rule.

Look at any QB drafted in the last decade. Anyone touting Brady or Brees types hasn't been paying attention.

9 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

You need to be able to make plays with your arm and legs. By arm, I mean with arm strength to fit it in tight windows. Jones (and QBs like him) have not become above average since the practice rules were changed. They would end being the first exception to the rule.

Look at any QB drafted in the last decade. Anyone touting Brady or Brees types hasn't been paying attention.

You're not wrong. More and more spread offenses create more opportunity for the QB to use his legs.

We are going to draft one of five QBs, not four, and Jones could be the guy.  We are not leaving the first round without a QB---

I see us moving up with NYJ, Miami, or Cincinnati, depending on who we want.

We are going to be aggressive, and sitting on #8 is not aggressive.

If Stafford is drawing a starting QB, 2 firsts and a third, giving up a future first is not unreasonable.

Edited by MHS831

It looks like Mac Jones ran a 4.91 out of High School. I think Tua runs a 4.90 and people didn’t really have an issue with his scrambling ability. He just never really had pressure so he didn’t have to run at Alabama. I’m interested to see how he does in Pro Days/individual workouts...

Just now, MHS831 said:

We are going to draft one of five QBs, not four, and Jones could be the guy.  We are not leaving the first round without a QB---

Call me crazy but if we are aggressive I would much rather keep out pick in the 2nd this year for oline help and trade away the #1 for next draft.  I just think its imperative we infuse the oline with talent this season and there will be a ton of iol and centers for the taking that high and maybe a LT falls.    I think we probably will be looking a an 8ish win team next season even if teddy starts a chunk of games

18 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

If Stafford is drawing a starting QB, 2 firsts and a third, giving up a future first is not unreasonable.

Stafford's trade was basically for a 1st and 3rd. That extra 1st was for the Lions to take Goff and his contract.