• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Mac jones

Beerfacedlegend

6 hours ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

Atleast we would be able to enjoy a top 10 pick with Watson we won’t have that for 3 years 

We couldn’t trade for pics in future years? And we would be hoping they could turn out 70% as good as Watson. Just get the guy. Mac Jones isn’t the answer. 

Edited by Varking
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Varking said:

We couldn’t trade for pics in future years? And we would be hoping they could turn out 70% as good as Watson. Just get the guy. Mac Jones isn’t the answer. 

On the latest podcast to pros they talk about Jones at the senior bowl and say he is the real deal.  Has everything you want in a qb except he has an average arm.  Not weak but simply average and the ball doesn’t zip out of his hands.   Disappointing 

they also said Newman has a great arm with a ton of zip but he just isn’t accurate.   

not sure which I would roll the dice with if it came to that.  Probably Jones since they said he can process things incredibly fast on the field.   I wish there was some way we could trade down pick some top tier lineman in the first and snag Jones in the 2nd if lance or whoever doesn’t fall to 8.   

Edited by mrcompletely11

Two teams met with jones , Patriots and saints if that says anything draft this man before they do he is a solid pocket passer , he is smart and accurate . Drew Brees and Brady were never known for having rocket arms and look at them Super Bowl winning qbs , you know who isn’t a Super Bowl winning qb ? Deshaun Watson that y’all want to dump 3 first rounds and a couple 2nds for are y’all crazy ? 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

The things I value most are reading a defenses, making progressions, timing, anticipation, accuracy and pocket awareness. Jones seems to have those at an elite level. His arm strength isn't elite but it looks to be adequate and has solid touch on his deep balls. Seems worth the shot. I would insist on him getting into better shape though. He doesn't seem to have taken nutrition and fitness very serious in HS and college. 

Edited by Agent Blue

40 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

The things I value most are reading a defenses, making progressions, timing, anticipation, accuracy and pocket awareness. Jones seems to have those at an elite level. His arm strength isn't elite but it looks to be adequate and has solid touch on his deep balls. Seems worth the shot. I would insist on him getting into better shape though. He doesn't seem to have taken nutrition and fitness very serious in HS and college. 

It’s crazy to me to think that elite coach Nick Saban couldn’t get him in a little bit better shape. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

It’s crazy to me to think that elite coach Nick Saban couldn’t get him in a little bit better shape. 

Say the same thing about Big Ben right ? And he has two super bowls and who doesn’t ? Deshuan Watson ! Look at the gross ugly Stafford trade makes me puke what they gave up for him , now ask yourself are you willing to give up 5 first rounders and teddy for Watson and watsons huge contract ? I’m not we have the #8 pick we can pick Mac jones or draft devonta smith and get trask in the 2nd or  get Allen Robinson or juju in free agency and draft Kyle putts and trask in the 2nd . Spending money for a qb that is average is terrible when you can draft one ! 

Just now, Beerfacedlegend said:

Say the same thing about Big Ben right ? And he has two super bowls and who doesn’t ? Deshuan Watson ! Look at the gross ugly Stafford trade makes me puke what they gave up for him , now ask yourself are you willing to give up 5 first rounders and teddy for Watson and watsons huge contract ? I’m not we have the #8 pick we can pick Mac jones or draft devonta smith and get trask in the 2nd or  get Allen Robinson or juju in free agency and draft Kyle putts and trask in the 2nd . Spending money for a qb that is average is terrible when you can draft one ! 

You are calling Watson average? And your suggestion is draft Mac Jones or Kyle Trask?