• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Mac jones

Beerfacedlegend

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It looks like Mac Jones ran a 4.91 out of High School. I think Tua runs a 4.90 and people didn’t really have an issue with his scrambling ability. He just never really had pressure so he didn’t have to run at Alabama. I’m interested to see how he does in Pro Days/individual workouts...

40 times aren't indicative on athleticism.  Just because Jones can accelerate and run in a straight line in a comparable time to other QBs doesn't mean he has the same sort of escapability, movement behind the line of scrimmage, or balance, functional strength, and arm talent to throw the ball effectively on the move that the really good ones have.

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Stafford's trade was basically for a 1st and 3rd. That extra 1st was for the Lions to take Goff and his contract.

Well, I see this point because of the contract, but Goff's numbers in LA were more respectable than people realize (bad in 2020) for most of his time there---at his age, I think we are a bit premature in writing him off as a value only to the Rams for ridding him of the contract.  It was the only way it happened--I get that--but the Lions will probably start Goff.  The Lions are not looking at Goff as a worthless pile of debt--they will try to give him an opportunity, as they should.

For his career,

Career (2016-2020)

63.4% completion  (66%)

18,171 yards  (17,634)

107 TDs  (106)

55 Interceptions (40)

91.5 QB rating  (97.3)

In parentheses, I posted Prescott's numbers in Dallas--he was drafted in 2016 as well.  Prescott is waiting to be paid as a top QB, and he is not being questioned as the starter in Dallas.  Yet Goff's numbers are similar--and Dak's OL and running game was top drawer.  Goff is more than baggage to the Lions, but the Lions were smart to get a first rounder to take a quality starting QB who is only 26.  If Detroit protects him and gets him some weapons, it could really end up like the Hershel Walker trade that built the Cowboy's dynasty in the 90s.  Or he could be a bust and that was that.  Personally, I think the Lions raped the Rams and they thanked them for it.

42 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

We are going to draft one of five QBs, not four, and Jones could be the guy.  We are not leaving the first round without a QB---

I see us moving up with NYJ, Miami, or Cincinnati, depending on who we want.

We are going to be aggressive, and sitting on #8 is not aggressive.

If Stafford is drawing a starting QB, 2 firsts and a third, giving up a future first is not unreasonable.

I have to think that Stafford drew a 1st and a 3rd.

That other 1st was so the Lions would eat Goff's contract. It's really that bad. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Well, I see this point because of the contract, but Goff's numbers in LA were more respectable than people realize (bad in 2020) for most of his time there---at his age, I think we are a bit premature in writing him off as a value only to the Rams for ridding him of the contract.  It was the only way it happened--I get that--but the Lions will probably start Goff.  The Lions are not looking at Goff as a worthless pile of debt--they will try to give him an opportunity, as they should.

For his career,

Career (2016-2020)

63.4% completion  (66%)

18,171 yards  (17,634)

107 TDs  (106)

55 Interceptions (40)

91.5 QB rating  (97.3)

In parentheses, I posted Prescott's numbers in Dallas--he was drafted in 2016 as well.  Prescott is waiting to be paid as a top QB, and he is not being questioned as the starter in Dallas.  Yet Goff's numbers are similar--and Dak's OL and running game was top drawer.  Goff is more than baggage to the Lions, but the Lions were smart to get a first rounder to take a quality starting QB who is only 26.  If Detroit protects him and gets him some weapons, it could really end up like the Hershel Walker trade that built the Cowboy's dynasty in the 90s.  Or he could be a bust and that was that.  Personally, I think the Lions raped the Rams and they thanked them for it.

IMO Goff is probably done. If he gets to actually start for Detroit I do not envision it going well. I think they are probably still looking for a QB.

The difference between Dak and Goff is coaching. Dak had jason garrett while goff has had mcvay. 

On 1/27/2021 at 6:26 PM, Beerfacedlegend said:

It’s a pipe dream of getting Stafford or Watson , they don’t want to come to the panthers and I don’t blame them , they want big money and want to win they won’t find that here . 

we won’t be getting Lawrence , fields or Wilson which is a blessing in disguise because I don’t see any of them as great nfl players . That brings the question of tre lance ?!

tre lance will be good or really bad , screw that we can’t take a risk man , 

this brings us to Mac jones which we will be lucky if he’s still available when we pick because he will shoot up the boards after a solid senior bowl , he’s smart , he’s tall , accurate and has a good deep ball . Bro we need a pocket passer something better than jake , I’m sick of these short passers and mobile qbs they never win , the people that win are pocket passers and that’s Mac jones . 

tua went early because of his big games despite him having worse numbers than Mac jones and despite him being hurt , Mac bones is being underrated people why don’t you understand that ? 

oh but beer Mac jones has all the weapons? Yes he does but so did tua but was devonta smith the headman with that bummer tua no? Dude this guy is a good passer . 

What kind of meth are you smoking up there in south Archdale? Some of that Heisenberg? Sad that such a great account name produces such trash takes on here. 

• Beer 1