• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun WATSON Officially Requests Trade from Texans

ncstatekwi

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm sure the Texans would prefer to move him out of the AFC, but if the Jets have a better offer, moving him to a non-divisional AFC team wouldn't be a terrible option. Miami is the only other team that has that type of draft ammo and...they're also in the AFC.

I'm sure they would want him out of the AFC too, but if you're setting up your franchise, you may not get your QB at 3. Miami is a great landing spot too, I guess it all depends on if they want a QB in the draft and if they think the Jets will take him. 

If the Texans were insistent on getting him out of the AFC altogether, then I'd say the 49ers probably move to the top of the list.

I don't know if that's going to be a priority though.

No way they trade him to somebody within their division, but within the conference? That seems possible.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Meanwhile, in Detroit...

"we're not getting as much interest in Stafford as we expected" suddenly became "damn, we can't even get a MFer to return a call..."

I think the opposite.

"Hi, we would like to discuss trading a first round pick for Matthew Stafford. Why yes, we did speak to the Houston Texans first about Deshaun Watson and they asked for our next three Drafts."

from the aforementioned Barnwell article...

Panthers send: Eighth and 39th overall picks in 2021, 2022 first-round pick, 2023 first-round pick, QB Teddy Bridgewater
Texans send: 2022 third-round pick, 2023 fourth-round pick, QB Deshaun Watson

The Panthers probably aren't in position to get the quarterback of their dreams at No. 8, which means they'll either need to trade up a few spots or make a massive deal for Watson. This would be a dramatic move for Matt Rhule and new general manager Scott Fitterer, but Carolina was frustrated with Bridgewater by the end of the season and might be inclined to swap draft capital for a long-term solution at the most important position in sports.

The Panthers would send their next three first-round picks and a second-rounder to the Texans, who also would get a year of Bridgewater at $18 million before having to decide whether to move ahead with him in 2022 for $21 million.

30 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

from the aforementioned Barnwell article...

Panthers send: Eighth and 39th overall picks in 2021, 2022 first-round pick, 2023 first-round pick, QB Teddy Bridgewater
Texans send: 2022 third-round pick, 2023 fourth-round pick, QB Deshaun Watson

The Panthers probably aren't in position to get the quarterback of their dreams at No. 8, which means they'll either need to trade up a few spots or make a massive deal for Watson. This would be a dramatic move for Matt Rhule and new general manager Scott Fitterer, but Carolina was frustrated with Bridgewater by the end of the season and might be inclined to swap draft capital for a long-term solution at the most important position in sports.

The Panthers would send their next three first-round picks and a second-rounder to the Texans, who also would get a year of Bridgewater at $18 million before having to decide whether to move ahead with him in 2022 for $21 million.

I'd hate to give up three 1sts, but if it meant keeping CMC while also unloading Teddy and his contracts and picking up some mid-round draft capital in exchange it wouldn't be the worst possible thing. I just don't think Houston is going to have any interest in Teddy. I mean, just look what Teddy has done to this fanbase. Now imagine if we had moved on from Cam in his prime to replace him with Teddy. That's basically what the Texans would be doing. Oh wee mayne.

• Pie 1

Deshaun has to know that his contract PLUS losing years of top picks will tank his chances of near term success on a new team.

If I’m him, I pick one team and say I’m only going there. 

That should lower the price to a more reasonable level and allow his new team to build around him.