• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun WATSON Officially Requests Trade from Texans

ncstatekwi

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Deshaun has to know that his contract PLUS losing years of top picks will tank his chances of near term success on a new team.

If I’m him, I pick one team and say I’m only going there. 

That should lower the price to a more reasonable level and allow his new team to build around him.

He can do that as long as he doesn't do it publicly.

Letting it be known that you're only willing to play for Team X effectively kills the trade market.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He can do that as long as he doesn't do it publicly.

Letting it be known that you're only willing to play for Team X effectively kills the trade market.

Considering word has come out that he actually requested a trade weeks ago, I think they have probably already identified the team they want to trade him to, and are now working out the fine details.  I expect an announcement that a trade has been agreed to very soon.

I think the official announcement of his trade request is the marker that things are about to get very interesting.  I really do think we have a great shot at landing him.

11 minutes ago, joemac said:

Considering word has come out that he actually requested a trade weeks ago, I think they have probably already identified the team they want to trade him to, and are now working out the fine details.  I expect an announcement that a trade has been agreed to very soon.

I think the official announcement of his trade request is the marker that things are about to get very interesting.  I really do think we have a great shot at landing him.

That assumes they're willing to trade him though. I'm not so sure that's settled.

And to be clear, the Texans weren't the ones who announced this.

What makes anyone think McNair is even capable of getting good value in return for Deshaun? Look at how they've handled this situation so far. 

Would it shock absolutely ANYONE if this franchise messes this up further and gets waayyy less than adequate value that a franchise QB would normally demand?

If I'm the Panthers I'm absolutely taking a shot bc recent history suggests the Texans can't do anything right and we could possibly get him for less than he's worth.

Edited by ImaginaryKev

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That assumes they're willing to trade him though. I'm not so sure that's settled.

And to be clear, the Texans weren't the ones who announced this.

When was the last time a big name player demanded to be traded, and they were not in fact traded?  That ship has sailed, it appears this relationship is beyond saving.  If there were not going to be a trade, they would not have released word that Watson officially requested one.

6 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

What makes anyone think McNair is even capable of getting good value in return for Deshaun? Look at how they've handled this situation so far. 

Would it shock absolutely ANYONE if this franchise messes this up further and gets waayyy less than adequate value that a franchise QB would normally demand?

If I'm the Panthers I'm absolutely taking a shot bc recent history suggests the Texans can't do anything right and we could possibly get him for less than he's worth.

you talking about the dude who gave Nuk Hopkins away for a 3rd? 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

When was the last time a big name player demanded to be traded, and they were not in fact traded?  That ship has sailed, it appears this relationship is beyond saving.  If there were not going to be a trade, they would not have released word that Watson officially requested one.

Again, wasn't the Texans who released this.

As far as their relationship, I don't think it'll ultimately be repaired but that doesn't mean they're not going to try.

Just now, CRA said:

you talking about the dude who gave Nuk Hopkins away for a 3rd? 

Yeah, that dude doesn't work there anymore. Caserio does.

McNair himself wasn't really directly responsible for the prior bad deals, though it's fair to point out he was the numbskull who put Bill O'Brien in charge.

35 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Deshaun has to know that his contract PLUS losing years of top picks will tank his chances of near term success on a new team.

It's more about the long-term than the short-term IMO. A team like the Dolphins or Niners could give up a ton of draft capital and still field a very good team... for a little while. But if you make that trade that was suggested for the Niners giving up 1sts and 2nds for the next three years, yeah that's gonna create a serious talent void in future years that you're gonna be feeling for awhile.

• Pie 1