• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun WATSON Officially Requests Trade from Texans

ncstatekwi

Just now, Wanderlai said:

But he gets to choose where he goes. If he wants the Carolina  then we will get him. It isn’t like the Texans hold all the cards. 

That's not really true.

He can veto trades, yes, but the Texans aren't just going to give him away for less either.

You also have to ask yourself what Watson wants. Right now he's more likely to want a trade to Miami or SF than the NYJ, or Carolina. We're still a ways from competing and we wouldn't be able to add much help for a few years with a blockbuster trade.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

True. Which means we'll probably have to give away to much. Guess I'd still rather get behind exciting losses, rather than expected losses.

I so get it, but I'm thinking about 3 and 4 years from now. I always try to think about it as: Where do I want to be from our rock bottom point?

I think you can build a roster and compete for Super Bowls in 2023-24. I think some of these big trades push that back to 25-26 with our current talent level. We'd just end up with teams that are good enough to make the playoffs, and not good enough to win it all.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think if anybody's hoping that he's got his eyes focused on the Panthers and no one else, they're gonna be disappointed.

It's like the 5th place team during the College Football Playoff selection time when Notre Dame is at 4, and just lost by 75 points.

Sure, in theory, you should be in the College Football Playoffs, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

3 minutes ago, JABANOG said:

Guys we have a big advantage here.. the two teams that can offer more than us are in the AFC!!! NO WAY they trade him within the AFC right?!?

I would wager only the AFCS are the only ones they will really not want to deal with.  While the general preference might be the NFC they aren't going to turn away a good offer from a AFC not in their division.