• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's say you are Deshaun Watson, bias aside, where do you want to go?

davos

4 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

I didn’t realize Andre Johnson (thanks for letting me know who he is, never heard of him) currently plays for the Texans. I’d prefer to not trade a poo ton of assets for a guy who will turn his back on his CURRENT teammates who are counting on him. He’s got a problem with the owner? The dude sounds like a douche, I’d imagine all the players have a problem with the owner if Watson does. Why isn’t the whole team demanding a trade? Instead, the captain is abandoning his ship. I’m sure a lot of guys play for the money and that’s fine. But if I’m trading 3+ firsts for a guy he better damn well be in it for his teammates. Watson clearly isn’t that guy. I can post what Nelson agalhor said about the raiders locker room if you haven’t already seen it. That’s applicable here. 

Thank God Cam didnt wake up one morning and decide that he was pissed we cut Smitty and JR was an ass so he was demanding a trade. That’s all I know 

Fug it, I'll say it. Honestly, Cam probably should have.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fug it, I'll say it. Honestly, Cam probably should have.

Well he didn’t. He’s not the guy to turn his back on his team. He’s the guy who will play with half a shoulder and foot and brush off a car crash. That’s the type of player I want. Look at fields in the CFP. Dude likes broke some ribs and rushes back out there for his team. That’s the guy I want. Not Watson. The team didnt piss him off, the fans didnt piss him off, so why are the teams and the fans getting fked over?

5 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Well he didn’t. He’s not the guy to turn his back on his team. He’s the guy who will play with half a shoulder and foot and brush off a car crash. That’s the type of player I want. Look at fields in the CFP. Dude likes broke some ribs and rushes back out there for his team. That’s the guy I want. Not Watson. The team didnt piss him off, the fans didnt piss him off, so why are the teams and the fans getting fked over?

So many fans forget this is a business for these guys too. Cam didn't force his way out, but he was forced out when the organization's mismanagement of his career led to ongoing injury issues. That's the thing, loyalty in this game gets you nowhere. You'll be shown none as a player when the shoe is on the other foot.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So many fans forget this is a business for these guys too. Cam didn't force his way out, but he was forced out when the organization's mismanagement of his career led to ongoing injury issues. That's the thing, loyalty in this game gets you nowhere. You'll be shown none as a player when the shoe is on the other foot.

And if you’re asking me if I would prefer a loyal player or an unloyal player, I would go with the former. I’m going to criticize players for lack of loyalty just like I criticize franchises. I was livid about the Smitty situation. Still am, actually. So my views here are consistent. I would prefer loyal players and loyal organizations. Not sure why you wouldn’t. 

And hard disagree on this being about business. Watson signed a massive contract extension earlier in the season. He got his money.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

And if you’re asking me if I would prefer a loyal player or an unloyal player, I would go with the former. I’m going to criticize players for lack of loyalty just like I criticize franchises. I was livid about the Smitty situation. Still am, actually. So my views here are consistent. I would prefer loyal players and loyal organizations. Not sure why you wouldn’t. 

And hard disagree on this being about business. Watson signed a massive contract extension earlier in the season. He got his money.

If lack of loyalty pisses you off, you might as well quit watching the NFL. There's very, very little. 

If Watson is traded to a better situation, he has a better situation and he still has his contract. He's not trying to be another Archie Manning putting up great numbers for sorry teams and I don't blame him. 

A lot of fans also tend to forget how young a lot of these guys are. Watson is 25. He's a kid. He doesn't realize that, but he will in another 15 years or so when he looks back at which point he'll be retired. Athletes work on a completely different timeline than your average person. They're career is a lot shorter. They'll still be young in life when they're retired from this game.

Watson has every right to demand a trade. The Texans have every right to try to convince him to honor his contract. And here we are. If he wants out bad enough, he'll get out. The Texans will get offers that will be more valuable to them than a highly disgruntled player in their locker room. This is the way these things always play out.