• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's say you are Deshaun Watson, bias aside, where do you want to go?

davos

11 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Depends if he want to compete now for a SB or be a part of consistent winner like we will be.

He would be a baller on this team. We probably have the most attractive weapons outside of TE. We’d be in the playoffs easily with him at the helm. Another solid draft, two for certain and I think we’ll go deep in the playoffs for a long time.

We just aren’t a complete team right now. 

Wrong, getting rid of CMC and a defensive player probably Burns would be dumb as hell.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be fair, we don't really know if they'll remain dysfunctional now that Gase is gone.

Well, certainly they'll be less dysfunctional 😂, but for me, it goes beyond that.  Even with a new GM, there have been whispers out there about Woody Johnson for years for having a bad reputation with players/the locker room and I would feel like that has a clear effect on their on-field performance...  and I'm not just saying that hoping to speak Watson to the Panthers into existence...  as a player, those things would really concern me with any organization. 

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Well, certainly they'll be less dysfunctional 😂, but for me, it goes beyond that.  Even with a new GM, there have been whispers out there about Woody Johnson for years for having a bad reputation with players/the locker room and I would feel like that has a clear effect on their on-field performance...  and I'm not just saying that hoping to speak Watson to the Panthers into existence...  as a player, those things would really concern me with any organization. 

The first thing that always comes to mind for me about Johnson is how he held on to Rex Ryan because he liked his bravado.

That apparently somehow made up for the fact that they were losing.

Watson is going to cost too much, and as much as I would love to see it, we don't have the pieces yet.  You can have Charles Linbergh flying your plane, but if the plane is full of second-hand equipment and faulty parts, the flight will be problematic.  We heed to build the plane and find the right pilot.  I think we can do it in 2021, but not if you go all in on one player.  Houston II.

Plane Crash GIF by memecandy

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Watson is going to cost too much, and as much as I would love to see it, we don't have the pieces yet.  You can have Charles Linbergh flying your plane, but if the plane is full of second-hand equipment and faulty parts, the flight will be problematic.  We heed to build the plane and find the right pilot.  I think we can do it in 2021, but not if you go all in on one player.  Houston II.

Plane Crash GIF by memecandy

Meh. Pretty damn average defense last year, and it'll only get better getting rid of the weak links on the defense. Watson would help tremendously, and would probably put Carolina in the Playoffs. Even if Carolina had to part with Teddy and CMAC to get it done. 

If he goes to Miami I am seriously making a run at Tua.  If we can get him for a few non-day 1 picks I think that is a steal.  I realize many question his season last year but I think he can be awesome given some time.  

Tua IMO has just as much upside as anyone in the draft outside of Trevor.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Meh. Pretty damn average defense last year, and it'll only get better getting rid of the weak links on the defense. Watson would help tremendously, and would probably put Carolina in the Playoffs. Even if Carolina had to part with Teddy and CMAC to get it done. 

So you give someone poo for having a different opinion?  Pretty fugging arrogant.  I never said he would not help--but do you want another elite QB getting pounded because there is no LT, LG, or decent C?  Do you want to go another season without a MLB?  Watson does not tackle people or get the D off the field on third down--

Edited by MHS831

Just now, Shocker said:

If he goes to Miami I am seriously making a run at Tua.  If we can get him for a few non-day 1 picks I think that is a steal.  I realize many question his season last year but I think he can be awesome given some time.  

Tua IMO has just as much upside as anyone in the draft outside of Trevor.

If he goes to Miami, pretty good chance Tua is part of the trade package.