• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's say you are Deshaun Watson, bias aside, where do you want to go?

davos

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or Tua.

Given that the Texans just hired a head coach based at least partially on his making friends with Watson at the Pro Bowl though, I'm not necessarily going to predict that they'll make the wisest decision.

Assuming theyre doing to so something dumb When there will be more attractive offers on the table is really silly

Edited by RoaringRiot

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Either MIA or SF

Bears seem like a good choice but they are a low key wonky franchise that seems to mishandle some of their stars. 

I just despise Denver so much I can not be rational about them, to me I think they're overrated 

I don't think there's anything low key about the Bears' historical mismanagement of the QB position. Just ask any Bears fan. It's THE thing that has held them back as a franchise.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. If the Texans have to move on from Watson they need to replace him with other star power or potential star power. Wilson would fit the bill. It's why I think we have an outside chance being able to dangle CMC. That'd be instant star power and they could still land a guy like Lance at #8. That'd be interesting on the Huddle too... we'd instantly have a glimpse into what might've been with the pairing of Lance and CMC in Houston.

Honestly though, I think us landing Watson is a pipedream unless Carolina is THE place he wants to go and there's no indication of that being the case.

This is why Miami and Carolina are the only options IMO. With Miami being the heavy heavy favoriteWith Miami being the heavy heavy favorite

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Either MIA or SF

Bears seem like a good choice but they are a low key wonky franchise that seems to mishandle some of their stars. 

I just despise Denver so much I can not be rational about them, to me I think they're overrated 

At least TJ Ward is gone.  He wanted to end Cam on 2 occasions.  I respect Von.  Still can't even think about 15/16.  Especially bc that's when I actually lived in that town.

Football+locale wise, SF & MIA seem like the top.  In the NFC, good teams on the upswing, young coaches, great towns.  LAR & CAR are the wildcards. 

3 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Assuming theyre doing to so something dumb When there will be more attractive offers on the table is really  silly

I don't underestimate the ability of the Texans to do something silly.

Granted, Caserio might change things, but so far they're still a dumpster fire.

Edited by Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Agreed. Hell even Hilton head. I’d rather go to Kiawah Island myself. Same drive. Much more interesting. Or hell just add another day of driving and go to a real nice beach in Florida like Destin.

But fact still remains Myrtle consistently ranks as one of the highest rated beaches, it’s baffling. 

I mean, the reality is that most people are kinda trashy.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I don't underestimate the ability of the Texans to do something silly.

Granted, Caserio might change things, but so far they're still a dumpster fire.

If you want to live in that fantasy world then go for it. But the point is, the 49ers can't get close to as a tractive a package as Miami can for both the team and the player combined

13 minutes ago, davos said:

Yeah, I'd be dipping to the Bahamas all the time.  It makes sense why it's such a magnet.  I'd take my yacht to a different island every few weeks in the Caribbean and then have a spot to fly to during hurricane season.

Planning to run my boat over from Ft. Lauderdale this upcoming Fall...the run over to West End is a BADASS boat ride...then clear Customs and run over to The Abacos.

Love that place.

12 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Each to their own. I never understood people going to Myrtle. Dirty as hell, ugly beach as hell, rednecks galore, trashy.

But people love it.

And compared to SF and Miami...Charlotte is a joke...

And parts of NY are awesome, you’re thinking of the city.

Same.

Not discounting the State, it's got some really nice attributes, but NOTHING about NYC blows my skirt up.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

If you want to live in that fantasy world then go for it. But the point is, the 49ers can't get close to as a tractive a package as Miami can for both the team and the player combined

I think the teams with the ability to make the strongest offers to the Texans would probably be the Dolphins and the Jets.

The 49ers don't have as much capital, but if Watson really wants to play for a contending team, also figuring in that San Francisco like Miami has an old Caserio colleague in charge plus the appeal of getting him out of the AFC and I think the 49ers are a possibility.

The wild card here is that while we can all make logical guesses about what Watson wants most, none of us really knows.

Ultimately, I'm not really going to try and predict what happens other than I don't think he lands here.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think the teams with the ability to make the strongest offers to the Texans would probably be the Dolphins and the Jets.

The 49ers don't have as much capital, but if Watson really wants to play for a contending team, and figuring in that San Francisco like Miami has an old Caserio colleague in charge, I think the 49ers are a possibility.

The wild card here is that while we can all make logical guesses about what Watson wants most, none of us really knows.

Ultimately, I'm not really going to try and predict what happens other than I don't think he lands here.

Wonder if SF would throw Solomon Thomas in to sweeten the pot.  They've got a formidable front w/Armstead, Kinlaw, & DJ-J even without him.  I have to think players are in the cards beyond draft picks for any of these potential destinations. 

10 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

This is why Miami and Carolina are the only options IMO. With Miami being the heavy heavy favoriteWith Miami being the heavy heavy favorite

I absolutely think the Jets are a player. But I agree that if Miami wants in the game they're a STRONG contender. I think those two are by far the best bets, but we have that outside chance due to being able to offer established star power in CMC, plus a top 10 pick this year, plus being a non-AFC team. That's our best bet, if Houston is balking at AFC teams.

1 minute ago, davos said:

Wonder if SF would throw Solomon Thomas in to sweeten the pot.  They've got a formidable front w/Armstead, Kinlaw, & DJ-J even without him.  I have to think players are in the cards beyond draft picks for any of these potential destinations. 

That was why Jones suggested we'd need to throw in both McCaffrey and Brian Burns.

The Dolphins make so much sense in every way it's almost like a match that is too perfect to happen.

They have 2 first round picks this year and Houston has none.  They have a young quaterback they could send back in return.  Great weather, no state income tax (when you make as much as Watson that becomes a big deal), and you only have the Bills to deal with in there division at least for now. 

They have a good young defense and lots of extra picks in the next 2 years to either send to Houston or add to the offense to help Watson.  It's almost so good it could not happen.  I said almost.

• Pie 1